Just Grow A Pair

The one person I dreaded facing was Hoseok. Most of the boys decided to go out this morning after their water balloon fight last-night as a way to make amends. Yoongi had decided to get some work done in the studio after putting it on hold because of the vacation and Hae-Won left with Kibum this morning for some uncle time. Which of course left me with Hoseok.

" Just grow a pair Hyun-Jae!" I hissed to myself as I rounded to hallway. I knew that Hoseok had been in the kitchen since everyone else left this morning and to the best of my abilities I hadn't heard him move. " Hoseok," I called out through the kitchen door.

His head perked up at his name before he whipped it around to face me. From the doorway I could see that he had been leaning over his phone looking at cooking directions more than likely once I noticed the mixing bowl.

His once infectious smile seemed a little dimmer this time around as he took me in." Hey Hyun-Jae."

" Do you mind if I come sit with you," I started, trying to break the ice." Everyone else is gone and I'm pretty bored."

" You can come help me make Namjoon's birthday cake if you want," He suggested with a shrug.

" I didn't know it was his birthday? How come no one mentioned it?"

He laughed at that." His actual birthday isn't until September 12th but we'll be on tour then. We still get him a cake and everything on tour but this way it's more of a family thing."

I nodded my reply before settling in the chair across from him. Neither of us made any move to talk as I watched Hoseok add in the ingredients. Usually I had only caught Jin in the kitchen while the others helped, so it was a little weird seeing another member bake so effortlessly. He seemed to be adding in the right amount of ingredients as he went and hopefully it would turn out good.

"This silence is killing me," Hoseok joked as he pulled my attention away from the the cake mixture.

"Sorry I'm just a little tired from the trip. Did you guys have fun?"

"Yeah it was alright. I'm used to everyone being together so it was a little more quiet than usual this time around," He said as he gave a small shrug at his words.

I paused for a few seconds debating on whether or not to question Hoseok about our relationship." Hoseok I think we need to talk about some things," I blurted.

His chest seemed to deflate at those words." This is about Jisoo isn't it?"

" Yeah. ," I mumbled as I shifted my gaze to the floor."I was honestly a little hurt at first when the boys told me you had went out with her several times. I thought we had really hit it off, so hearing that hurt."

" I'm sorry I never had the chance to tell you what the company wanted me to do. I would've eventually told you but the others seemed to do that for me. I'm really sorry." He voice trailed off at the end and I thought I had heard his throat catch too.

" If you would've told me that a week ago I probably would've cussed you out." I confessed." But over the trip I happened to talk to Jisoo and we had a nice talk."

Hoseok's head jerked up at her name and his face twisted into a confused look." What all did she say?"

"I told her about some of the stuff we had done and she surprised me by saying she already knew. But she also told me about how you too seemed to really get along and seemed to share the same feelings for each-other."

" I mean she's not wrong. I really do like her Hyun-Jae, but I like you too."

"You know Hoseok that if you think you're in love with two people you should honestly choose the second. Because if you really loved the first person than there wouldn't have even been a second option."

He seemed stunned by my words. The only thing that let me know he had even heard me was the slow nod of his head. And then for the first time since I had sat down we locked eye's.

" I do care for you Hyun-Jae and I hope we can at-least be friends after this?" He suggested. I could see the flicker of hope behind his eye's as he glanced at me fiercely.

"Of course we can be friends Hoseok. We would almost have to be friends seeing as I'm going to be around even more now."

"You're around a lot already, but what makes you think you'll be here even more?"

I smiled at his curiosity." Well after I had talked to Jisoo and sorted my feelings out for you, I decided to give Yoongi another shot. We actually talked last-night and we both feel like it's time to try again."

"I'm really happy for the both of you. I know it might be a little awkward at first between the three of us, but I'm glad we worked everything out."

Hoseok bent over the table to give me a big hug and ended up whispering a few more apologies in my ear. I shook of his words and pushed him back a little so I could dip my finger in the chocolate cake batter. He was quick to swat my hand and drag the to the counter out of my reach.

His face was scrunched up in a frown as he whined out," This cake is for Joonie! You can't have it until it's done."

"Well at-least let me help you decorate once it's finished baking,"I argued back.

Finally after Hoseok gave in we ended up decorating the cake as partners and it would make Jin. Hopefully Namjoon would enjoy our monstrous treat when they all got home.

Sorry this kind of sucks but I hope you all like it! shout-outs:

suqaplum

yoogetmesomesuga

ariisagod