PROLOGUE

||PROLOGUE // STEPPING UP||

When they got back downstairs, Dean placed Dakota on the ground while him and Sam started to check for a way out. The Ghostfacers freaked out, trying to find out what happened to Corbett. Dakota placed her back against the wall and sat the end of the stairs, beside where her uncle was. She watched the team frantically search for their lost member before she dragged her eyes back to her dad. She always made sure that him and Sam were in her line of view, it made her calmer to know that they're okay.

"We'll, it's 12:04, Dean, you happy?" Sam snapped, annoyance and anger lacing his voice. Dakota looked up at him, before glancing at her dad who looked her way before answering.

"Yeah, I am happy." He retorted hotly back. Dakota stood up and stepped beside them as they faced each other, both sporting glares.

"'Let's go hunt the Morton house,' you said." Sam mocked. "'It's our grand canyon.'"

Dean cautiously glanced at his daughter, knowing where Sam was edging toward. "Sam, I don't want to hear it."

"You got two months left, Dean." Sam said softly, Dakota turned away sadly, her eyes welled up at the thought of her dad dying so soon. Sam wasn't done yet, his voice raised and anger flared up again. "Instead, we're gonna die tonight!" Dakota flinched away as he slammed a chair into the front door, she yelped as she shattered everywhere.

"Whoa! What the hell is going on!" Spruce shouted as everyone looked up from their search.

Sam launched into a rant. "I'll tell you what's going on!" He spat, looking into Spruce's camera angrily. "Every door, every window, I'm guessing every exit out of this house is--they're all sealed." He huffed as Dean rubbed a hand over his mouth. Dakota's small hand slipped into his larger one, clinging to it tightly.

"What? Why are they sealed?" Maggie, the only other girl, freaked out.

"It's a supernatural lockdown." Dakota murmured, everyone looked down at her as she spoke. "Whatever took Corbett, doesn't want us to leave."

"And it's no death echo." Dean cut in. "This is a bad mother, and it wants us scared." He finished as the EMF meter, that Dakota took from him early, started going off. He grabbed it out of her hand to look at it.

"Or it just wants us." Maggie said. Dakota dropped Dean's hand to go to her uncle, he looked upset and she didn't like that. She grabbed his hand and laid her head on his leg.

"Uh, guys, the camera is fritzing again." Spruce announced, he lowered the camera to look at it, unknowingly filming Harry and Maggie's interlocked hands.

"Whoa, EMF is starting to spike." Ed said, Dean looked up from his EMF meter.

"Everyone stay close, something is coming." Sam said, he pulled Dakota behind him as everybody huddled together in a group, their backs facing each other. Dakota gripped onto Sam's jeans tightly, holding her breath in fear at what's coming.