CHAPTER EIGHT

||CHAPTER EIGHT // BLAST TO THE PAST||

The motel room they were staying in was dark as two of the three Winchesters were asleep, Sam being the only one awake was making his way out of the room quietly. Dean was passed out on top of the sheets, his jacket laid over him like a blanket and his daughter sound asleep beside him. Dakota sighs in her sleep and curls up beside Dean, laying her head beside his. Sam's jacket was placed over her before he snuck out.

Dean rolls over slightly in his sleep, disturbing Dakota which causes her to throw her hand out to hit him as she slept. He grumbles but continues to sleep until memories of Hell started to flash behind his eyes. He gasps and his eyes snap open wide. He takes a couple deep breaths to calm himself until a deep voice speaks.

"Hello, Dean." Castiel says, making his presence known. Dean whips around and spots Castiel sitting next to Dakota on the other side of the bed. Dakota groans at the volume of his voice and scoots closer to Dean for warmth. "And what were you dreaming about?" Castiel asks, not really sounding all that interested. Dakota swings out her arm angrily, hitting Castiel. Dean sighs, she's always been an angry sleeper when someone disturbs her.

Dean shoves his jacket off of him and places it on his daughter. "You get your freak on by watching other people sleep?" Dean questions tiredly, he looks over at Castiel. "What do you want?"

"Listen to me." He states seriously, glancing at the sleeping child and sighing heavily. "You have to stop it." He says.  

"Stop what?" Dean asks confused, he moves his daughter towards the center of the bed gently, she stirs slightly before sighing deeply and turns onto her stomach. Dean lays a hand on her back gently.

Castiel doesn't say anything, instead he just places two fingers on Dean's forehead. Dean's eyes close and he feels himself being pulled away from the motel.

The next thing he knows a man is saying, "move it, buddy." Dean grunts and looks up at the police officer that's poking him. "You guys can't sleep here." Dean squints his eyes before feeling the weight on his chest, he looks down and spots his daughter's unruly blonde hair.

"Okay." Dean grunts, he looks back up at the cop. "Sleep where?"

"Anywhere but here." The cop says before walking away, Dean purses his lips before sitting up, shifting his daughter slightly so he can sit up properly.

Dean looks around in confusion, not understanding where he is. His jacket slides off of Dakota's back but is stopped by his knee before it can hit the ground.

"Dakota, baby, wake up." He says groggily, brushing her hair back and letting the sun drip onto her face. She squeezes her eyes shut and groans, snuggling further into Dean's chest. "Kota, wake up."

Dakota blinks up at him in annoyance before looking around in confusion, the last thing she remembered was falling asleep in the motel room. She figures that Dean just brought her somewhere in the town they were at. She thought it was odd that he would bring her somewhere while she was still in her pajamas, though she had shoes slipped onto her feet.