CHAPTER SIXTEEN

||CHAPTER SIXTEEN // HE'S JUST SPECIAL||

Dean drives around for awhile, Dakota in the backseat as he tries to calm down. He figures that Sam already went back to the motel they were staying at, but Dean needed to cool off.

"Maybe it's not a bad thing, daddy." Dakota says, she doesn't fully understand why Dean's so angry. "Maybe Sammy's just special, we knew he was different this could just be part of it." She explains.

Dean sighs, Dakota doesn't remember everything Azazel told him. She wasn't with them when they figured out yellow eyes plans for the physics.

"I'm just worried this is what everybody meant when they said he was evil." Dean responds quietly. He always ends up telling Dakota what's bothering him, he's more honest with her than with Sam most of the time.

"Sammy's not evil, they were wrong. We know uncle Sammy's good." She says, leaning forward so she's closer to Dean.

"I know that, but...the way he exorcised that demon, it wasn't right." Dean mumbles mainly to himself but Dakota heard.

"Uncle Sammy's special." Dakota repeats not knowing what else to say. "Let's just go talk to him, we can tell him that we don't like that he does that, he'll understand."

"No, he won't." Dean sighs to himself, knowing that Sam thinks what he's doing is right even though it's not. "We'll go talk to him." Dean relents, turning around on the road and heading towards the motel.

"Are we going to tell him? About what I did?" Dakota asks smally. Her voice painfully quiet, Dean has to strain himself just to hear her.

"It wasn't you, Kota. You didn't do anything." Dean says again, trying to get her to understand that she had no control over what happened.

"It was still me! He used me to kill them!" She yells, Dean's shocked by her outburst.

"Dakota, you had no control over what happened, Deanna knew that and so did grandpa." Dean lies slightly.

"Grandpa thought it was me!" Dakota wails loudly. "He told me that I needed to calm down, that was right before I killed him. He thought it was me." She sobs.

"Baby, he was okay. Azazel brought him back, remember?" Dean says gently, his voice soothing.

"I didn't get to say sorry." She whimpers. "I never told grandma I was sorry."

"She knew." Dean promises, reaching his hand back to grab Dakota's without looking. She grips onto his hand tightly.

"W-we can tell Sammy if you want." Dakota says, leaning her head against Dean's arm.

"I don't know if we will, baby, we might. We have to sort this whole thing out before we do." Dean sighs, as they get to the motel. He squeezes her hand gently, almost to comfort himself.