CHAPTER SEVEN

||CHAPTER SEVEN // HE'S AN ANGEL||

Dakota sits on the floor with her legs crossed under her, her back pressed against the back wall. She watches her dad and Bobby paint weird symbols everywhere. She sighs, and pulls out Dean's phone. He had given it to her, having downloaded a couple games on the old iPhone. She plays the game quietly until the phone dies, by that time the whole barn is covered in paint. Dean and Bobby go over the plan and check their weapons.

"Dakota, come over here, baby." Dean calls over, the little girl looks up and runs over to her dad, handing him the now dead phone. He gives her a look and slides the phone in his pocket with a shake of his head. The two Winchesters watch Bobby mutter the summoning spell, Dakota's face pulled back into a confused expression.

Nothing happens for a long time so the three just lean against the tables waiting. Bobby whistles as he waits, Dakota sits perched on the table that Dean is leaning against, the two playing patty cake in boredom. Every once in a while the barn is lightened up by the shrieking giggles of Dakota as she plays. She finishes the song for the sixth time before leaning up against her dad, now tired from waiting. Dean spins a knife in his hand, the point digging into the table.

"You sure you did the ritual right?" Dean questions and Bobby gives him a look. He shrugs. "Sorry."

"Where's Uncle Sammy?" Dakota mumbles against Dean's shoulder.

"He's out doing something, baby." Dean answers vaguely, not knowing what Sam's doing exactly. He couldn't still be getting a burger like he said earlier.

The barn doors start rumbling loudly, Dakota yelps in surprise sitting straight up. Her eyes widen as Dean looks around in confusion. The roof tiles start flapping up and down, adding to the already loud noise. Dean stands up, grabbing a shotgun and wrapping an arm around Dakota's waist, picking her up and holding her against his hip.

"Wishful thinking, but maybe it's just the wind." Dean shouts over the noise, Dakota grips onto his jacket tightly, her eyes darting all over the place in fear.

The light behind them explodes and Dakota screams. The two men duck down, Dean covering Dakota. The other lights soon follow and the bulbs start exploding before the barn doors are blown open. A man wearing a tan trench coat over a suit walks in. His light blue eyes planted firmly on the men and child as he saunters in. His dark hair styled wildly, reminding Dakota of someone that had just woken up. Dean places Dakota on the ground, stepping in front of her as him and Bobby open fire on the strange man. The bullets seemingly having no effect on the man as he continues walking forward.

Dean and Bobby exchange a glance before putting down their guns. Dean grabs Dakota, keeping her behind him as he picks up the demon knife and hides in behind his back, the man watching his movements.