CHAPTER THIRTEEN

||CHAPTER THIRTEEN // SHE'S NOT OKAY||

Samuel walks back into the living room, finding Dakota staring blankly at the air in front of her.

"Kid, you alright?" He asks, walking towards her slowly. Her head whips around to face him, a wide grin spreading across her face as she tilts her head to the side.

"I'm perfect!" She exclaims, bouncing off the table. He nods slowly, watching her closely for a couple of seconds before walking towards the front door. She bounds after him, skipping her feet joyfully and humming a song.

"Liddy's a strong kid. She'll be fine." Samuel says, breaking up Dean and Mary's conversation. Dakota's grin is still firmly placed on her face as she watches the adult. "Are you okay?" Samuel asks his daughter.

"No, dad, I'm pretty far from okay. Can we go?" Mary shouts before storming off in the direction of the car. Dakota follows after her slowly, leaving Dean and Samuel to talk.

"Dakota, let's go." Dean says, passing by the Campbells car and heading to his own. Dakota watches Mary for a couple more seconds, her head cocked to the side in an almost wondrous fashion. "Dakota, now." Dean barks at her, she moves her gaze away from the blonde woman before skipping off towards the car.

She climbs into the back seat, giving her dad a wide grin. He gives her a weird look before shrugging it off, pulling off the curb as Samuel drives past them. He tails them back to the Campbell house, Mary storms off into the house and the men walk into the dining room. Dakota reluctantly follows her father, bouncing as she walks.

"We have to kill this thing now, or Mary dies." Dean says, looking through the curtains and out the window.

"What? How do you know that?" Samuel immediately questions, Dakota slowly paces the length of the table, watching them as she trails her fingers against the wood.

"I just do, okay?" Dean defends himself, flipping through John's journal.

"When?" Samuel asks, watching Dean frantically try to open the leather bound book.

"Well, maybe today, probably years from now, but it's happening--trust me." Dean says quickly, unlacing the string from around the book and opening it.

"So, what, are you some kind of a psychic now, too?" Samuel questions, Dean looks up at him and they stare at each other in tense silence.

Dakota giggles loudly, drawing attention to herself. The men watch as she spins around before stopping and staring at Samuel with a creepy grin. "No." She chirps cheerfully, before returning to her pacing.

Dean watches his daughter with narrowed eyes. She's never acted like this before, she's never been this overjoyed to watch him hunt a demon. He's about to ask her if she's feeling all right but Samuel calls his name, bringing him back to the situation at hand.