CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

||CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE // A DRACULA||

Dakota could smell the beer from the sidewalk, she wrinkles her nose and gives her dad a distasteful look. He presses his lips together in a sheepish way, raising his shoulders slightly in an awkward shrug.

"Sorry, sweetheart." He ruffles her hair, she sticks her tongue out at him while fixing the mess he created in her blonde locks.

Sam opens the door, shoving his way before Dean and Dakota. The two exchange unimpressed looks before following after the tall man. Dakota cringes at the loud volume everyone's speaking at, she grips onto Dean's sleeve to pull herself closer.

Sam and Dean walk forward, but Dakota slips out of Dean's hand when someone bumps into her. He looks down at her as she speeds up, he gives her a smile when she huffs in annoyance. Dean follows after his brother, shoving his way through the large mass of people. Dakota struggles to keep up, bumping into people's legs and having them push her away drunkenly.

"Daddy!" She tries to call, but everybody's too loud as they cheer for no reason. "Daddy! Uncle Sammy!"

She shoves her hands against people's legs, fed up with them pushing her like she's nothing. Someone nudges her harshly with their foot when she throws her body against them. She slips on some spilled beer, falling against the ground with a soft thud. She bites her lip hard, trying to stop herself from crying.

She has no idea where her family is, everybody keeps pushing and stepping on her. The noise and smells were starting to give her a headache.

"Daddy!" She cries out, pushing herself to her feet with a deep breath.

"Who brought a kid in here?" Someone hisses in annoyance, giving Dakota a disgusted glare.

"Hey, sweetie, you okay?" A waitress asks, crouching down to see her better. Dakota watches her with wide eyes, not really knowing what to do. Dean told her to never talk to strangers, but she really needed to find him.

"I, uh, I can't find my daddy." She says quietly, looking at her shoes as she scuffs them against the ground bashfully. "I lost him in the crowd, people kept pushing me."

"Let's go find him, okay?" She asks, Dakota looks up at her before nodding slowly. The waitress lifts her up, placing her on her hip so Dakota could spot Dean. "What's he look like?"

"He's wearing a suit, like a fancy one." She mumbles distractedly as she scans the crowd for Dean. "He's really tall, but not as tall as my uncle. He's got short hair and green eyes like mine." She announces proudly, smiling at the waitress who chuckles at her.

"That him?" She asks, pointing over at the bar where Sam and Dean were talking to the bartender.

"Daddy!" She shouts, Dean's head looks down almost distractedly but he begins to panic when he can't see her.