CHAPTER NINETEEN

||CHAPTER NINETEEN // WHERE'S CASTIEL||

When Dean finally calmed down Dakota, they went to Jack's house. Dakota was quiet on the ride, looking out the window as Sam and Dean chatted idly. They kept glancing back at her, but she didn't join in, just stared blankly. They knew that the conversation wouldn't be over, Dean didn't want it to be--he wanted Dakota to open up, but he knew it would be hard. She watched them keep their emotions in for too long, picking up on the terrible habit.

They made it to Jack's house, finding him in the backyard. Dakota trudged a couple feet behind them. Jack states blankly at the plants he's watering, they approach him after exchanging a couple looks.

"Jack Montgomery?" Sam speaks up, alerting Jack of their presence. "I'm Sam Winchester. This is my brother--Dean and his daughter, Dakota. We need to talk."

Jack glances at each Winchester, Dean looking away as his eyes fall on him. Dakota scoffs at her father's attitude.

"About?" Jack questions, shaking his head.

Sam swallows awkwardly. "About you." He informs. "About how you're changing."

"Excuse me?" Jack asks, his face turning into a slight glare.

"You're probably feeling your bones move under your skin...and your appetite's reaching, you know, hungry hungry hippo levels." Dean speaks up, staring harshly at Jack. "How am I doing so far?"

Dakota punches Dean's leg for being so rude, he merely ignores her as he keeps his gaze on Jack.

"Who the hell are you guys?" Jack asks.

"We're people who know a little something about something." Dean informs, sliding his hands into his pockets.

"We can help you." Dakota speaks up, directing Jack's gaze down to her. Sam nods before continuing for her.

"Please, just hear us out."

Jack pauses but ultimately agrees with them. Sam and Dean exchange a look before they take turns explaining to Jack what he is, Dakota jumps in occasionally with details she overheard.

"A-a what?" Jack asks, rubbing his forehead.

"A rougarou." Dean and Dakota answer at the same time, Dakota smiles at her father but he rolls his eyes at her in amusement, a smile curling at his lips.

"Sounds made-up, I know, but, believe me, it's not." Dean continues after the small exchange with his daughter.

"All right, I've noticed certain things." Jack allows. "I mean, some strange things, but I just...I don't know. I'm--I'm sick or something."

"You father was one of these things." Sam informs. Jack gives Sam a look, Sam rolls his eyes. "Your real father. He passed it on to you."

"No." Jack denies, squeezing his eyes shut briefly. "Are you guys listening to yourselves? You sound like--"