CHAPTER FIFTEEN

||CHAPTER FIFTEEN // REALIZATION||

Dean places the sleeping Dakota in the backseat of the impala, she murmurs something in her sleep but doesn't wake up. Dean takes a moment to collect his thoughts before sighing deeply and sliding into the driver seat. He hopes Dakota doesn't remember anything about visiting the past, especially her getting possessed by Azazel. He doesn't want her to remember anything from that case. Definitely not Azazel killing Deanna using Dakota's body.

Samuel's life ending was a different story, it wasn't Azazel who ended his life, it was Dean. It wasn't something he wanted to do, but after losing Deanna he was dead set on killing Dakota, wasting her meant Azazel's death. Dean wasn't going to let his grandfather murder his daughter, so they got into an argument, Dean tried to persuade him off the murder path. Samuel wasn't listening, he threw a couple punches, tears ran down his red face, he wanted to kill the demon who took his wife from him, no matter who it was possessing.

The fight had escalated and gotten worse, Dean fought him off but tried not to hurt him too badly. Samuel had Dean pinned to the ground, his hands wrapped around his throat, screaming in anger as he squeezed. Dean shifted and shoved against Samuel's hands from his neck. It was no use, Samuel was going to kill Dean. So the hunter reached for his gun, that had been knocked a few feet from him. His finger tips brushed the cold metal and he grasped at it. Samuel slammed his hand over Dean's, stopping him from grabbing the gun.

"Samuel, stop please." Dean gasped painfully, his throat raw.

The two fought for the gun, it was Dean who ended up winning. He pulled the trigger quickly, his plan was to just wound Samuel so he could find his daughter. Samuel moved at the last second when Dean fired, the bullet sailed into the man's heart, killing him. Dean sat beside Samuel's body for a few moments, just trying to process what had happened.

"Daddy?" A small voice croaks from the backseat, pulling Dean from his thoughts. His eyes cut to the rear view mirror and finds Dakota's wide green eyes staring at him in horror. Her face contorts as she releases a sob. "No no no." She mumbles to herself, her hands cover her face as she cries loudly.

Dean quickly pulls over the impala, his heart breaking at the devastating sounds his daughter is making. He gets out, sliding into the backseat and pulling Dakota onto his lap. She latches on to him quickly, crying into the crook of his neck.

"Shh shh, you're okay. It's okay now, it's over." He soothes, his hand going through her hair gently.

"I killed them. I almost killed you." She wails, the sound muffled by Dean's skin.

"Shh." Dean is quick to hush her, he gets out of the car, holding Dakota to his chest and starts to rock her--like he use to do when she was a baby.

"It was so horrible, it was so scary. I-I just wanted out." She says brokenly, her voice cracking slightly. Dean shuts his eyes tightly.

"I know, baby, I know. He won't ever touch you again, okay? He's dead, remember? He can't hurt you again." Dean assures, trying to make her feel better.