CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

||CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE // EMOTIONS||

Later that night, after the three Winchesters made their way back to their motel room, they receive a call from the sheriff. Dean pulls a protesting Dakota from the bed as Sam goes over some details with the police.

"Dakota, come on, you wanted to come." Dean groans, picking Dakota up from the ground to carry her to the bathroom, she sprawls out her limbs and leans back over his shoulder.

Dean has one arm around her waist, carrying her clothes in his free hand. He places her in the bathroom and tells her to get ready, she sticks her tongue out at him before shutting the door.

She comes out a few moments later, her hair blonde tangled and wearing different clothes. She wanders over to Sam, pulling on his leg and throwing her arms up, pouting. He sighs and pulls her onto his lap, combing his fingers through her hair.

"Do you even own a brush?" He asks sarcastically, she shrugs as Dean tosses one over. Sam catches it and pulls it through the knots. She yelps and hisses, smacking his hands occasionally. "If you don't sit still, it will take twice as long." He threatens lightly, she huffs and crosses her arms.

"Dad never pulls my hair as much as you do." She mumbles, Dean grins smugly towards his brother.

"Then have him brush your hair." Sam says, handing her the brush. She pushes it back in his hands and turns around. "Then don't complain."

<><><><><><><><><><><>

Dakota stands next to Dean as he crouches next to the sarcophagus, Sam studies something on the casket before raises with a scoff.

"This sarcophagus isn't ancient." Sam informs, holding a sticker he tore off the side. "It's from a prop house in Philly."

"Mommy was from Philly." Dakota cuts in, earning odd and tense glances from the two men.

"Well..." Dean trails awkwardly, standing up too. "It goes well with the bucket of dry ice he was keeping in it." Dean holds up a small pail of dry ice and look at Sam with a pointed look.

"Is he making is own special effects?" Sam questions, not really aiming the question at Dean.

"Yeah, a mummy with a good sense of showmanship." Dean jokes, raising his brows with a sliver of a smile. Dakota reaches towards the dry ice but Dean pulls her away, scolding her lightly.

"This is stupid." Sam and Dakota say at the same time, though for different reasons. Sam complaining towards the case while Dakota complains about Dean not letting her play with the smoking bucket.

"Oh, damn it. Jamie. I'm late." Dean explains, pushing Dakota gently towards Sam. "You're good here with the mummy, Dakota, and the...crazy."

"Yeah." Sam agrees, shrugging slightly.