CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

||CHAPTER EIGHTEEN // LONG PIG||

The Winchesters find out that Jack's mother was pregnant with him when Travis ganked his father. The woman placed him up for adoption for his protection and Travis lost him in the system. The hunter said he didn't want to hunt him down really, saying he didn't have the heart to do that to a kid. Dean agreed, his eyes finding his sleeping daughter quickly, the thought of hunting down a kid, even if it was a monster, saddened him. It was the father in him that made him want to protect any kid.

Dean was now taking a blow torch to heat up some metal.

"So, fire, huh?" He asks, as he blew out the flame. Dakota groaned at the volume of his voice before rolling over and burying her head into the pillow.

"The only way I found to kill these bastards--" Travis answers quietly as Dean makes a shushing noise when he heard his daughter complain. "Deep-fry 'em."

"Well, that's gonna be...horrible." Dean responds. "Is that what you did to Jack's dad?"

"Uh-huh." Travis hums in confirmation.

The motel door opens as Sam returns, having left to do some research. "Not wasting any time are you?" He chuckles.

Dakota whimpers in her sleep and rolls over, Dean's head immediately whips around at the sound, but Travis's voice distracts him.

"None to waste." Travis replies. "The guy hulks out, we won't be finding bodies, just remains." He continues, looking up briefly at the Winchester.

"What if he doesn't hulk out?" Sam questions, taking a seat across from them, his eyes glancing over at his sleeping niece. "I need a little homework, I've been checking out the lure on rougarous."

"What, my 30 years of experience not good enough for you?" Travis asks, sounding slightly offended.

Sam chuckles, his face turns panicked as his eyes bounce from the hunter to his brother and back again. "No. No, I-I just wanted to be prepared." He says in defense. "I mean, not that you didn't--" He struggles to find the right words.

"Sam loves research. He does." Dean jumps in to save his little brother from making an even bigger fool of himself. "He keeps it under his mattress right next to his K-Y." Dean jokes. "It's a sickness. It is." He looks at his brother.

"Look, everything you said checked out, of course, but, uh, I found a couple of interesting stories about people who have this rougarou gene or whatever." Sam says as Dean shakes his head and glancing at Travis. Sam smiles in an almost excited manner, thrilled with his discovery. "See, they start to turn, but they never take the final step."

"Really?" Dean asks, looking at his brother through his eyelashes, his head lowered slightly.

"See, if they never eat human flesh, they don't fully transform." Sam further explains.