CHAPTER TWENTY

||CHAPTER TWENTY // TEAM EDWARD||

Dean sighs heavily as he tries to focus on the radio sounding out through the impala's speakers. It wasn't good music at all but it was better than listening to his brother and daughter argue like little kids, although one of them is a little kid. Rain was pouring down as thunder boomed across the sky, but that didn't stop the eight year old from screaming louder to be heard.

"I don't sound like that!" Dakota shrieks in defense, sounding offended at the way Sam mimicked her voice.

"Yes, you do!" Sam argues, scoffing loudly at his niece.

"Can you two stop arguing for the love of God!" Dean shouts, throwing his hands up in defeat, his hand leaving the steering wheel for a few seconds before returning.

"If Sam can stop being ridiculous!" Dakota says while crossing her arms and huffing.

"Ridiculous?! Me? You're the one who's arguing about whether or not Bella loved Jacob." Sam replies, his arms crossing over his chest in the same position as her.

"Because she didn't!" Dakota defends herself again.

Dean sighs as the argument continues. "She even told him that she did!" Sam remarks.

"You know she only told him that because she didn't want to hurt his feelings! She didn't love him in that way, he was like her brother." Dakota points out, her voice returning to it's normal volume.

"The radio around here sucks." Dean says awkwardly, he reaches over and turns off the radio.

He glances over at his brother when silence engulfs the car, Sam returns to what he was working on before him and Dakota's argument. "C'mon, man. Jobs don't get much weirder than this, you know? Dead vic with a gnawed-on neck, body drained of blood, and a witness who swears up and down that it was a vampire. Sounds like Edwards getting revenge, Kota." Dean jokes.

"He didn't drink people, daddy." Dakota replies before Sam speaks up.

"No, I-I agree. It's a helluva case." Sam agrees.

Lightning flashes before thunder booms, Dakota jumps in her seat before scooting closer to the window. She presses her face against the glass and squints, like she was trying to see everything around them.

"A little more gusto, please." Dean says to Sam before glancing at the rear-view mirror towards his daughter. "Don't touch the glass, Kota, you'll leave smudges." He chides.

"It's just...the world is coming to an end." Sam responds, ignoring Dean chastising Dakota. "Things are a little complicated, you know?"

"Yeah, well, we can't save the world, not today anyway." Dean shrugs. "But what we can do is chop off some vamps' heads. C'mon, man, it's like the good old days. An honest-to-goodness monster hunt. It's about time the Winchesters got back to tackling a straightforward, black-and-white case."