CHAPTER THIRTY

||CHAPTER THIRTY // IT WAS FUN UNTIL HER||

The next morning Dakota woke up with a smile on her face, she bounded down the stairs in search of her father.

"Daddy!" She calls, running through the house, she darts between Bobby's legs as he's walking from the kitchen.

"Hey!" Bobby scolds her lightly, placing his plate on the table and grabbing Dakota's arm gently. "What are you doing?"

"Sorry, uncle Bobby, I'm looking for dad." Dakota replies, her green eyes sweeping the room. "Where is he?"

"He's out working on his car, he has a surprise for you too." Bobby winks before releasing the squirming eight year old. She giggles and runs out the the back door, she weaves through the cars Bobby had until she spots the sleek black Impala.

"Daddy!" She shouts, running towards Baby. Dean's head pops up from in front of the car with a grin planted firmly on his face.

"Hey, bug." Sam says, drawing Dakota's attention to him as he comes out from Bobby's garage.

"Sammy!" She sprints to him before leaping into his arms, hugging him tightly.

"Oh!" Sam grunts at the force of Dakota slamming into his chest, Dakota's arms tighten as she digs her face into his hair. "Can't breathe, Kota."

"C'mon, baby, release the Sasquatch." Dean tries to free his brother.

"No! You had your Kota time, it's Sammy's time!" Dakota complains, slapping her father's hands away and releasing her grip on Sam, she stays in her place on his hip. Dean sticks his tongue out at his daughter, returning to his work on his car.

"How's school, bug? I heard you're going on a field trip in a couple days?" Sammy asks, placing Dakota on the ground next to the Impala.

"School's boring." Dakota complains, leaning her head back against the car and sighing loudly. "Yeah, we're learning about leaves so Mrs. Randolph is taking us into the woods for a night."

"Are they allowed to do that?" Sam questions Dean, raising his eyebrows at his older brother.

"Apparently." Dean sighs, leaning against Baby's hood and turning his head towards his family. "Bobby signed a permission slip."

"It's just a night, guys." Dakota copies Dean's sigh while shaking her head. "Plus I have Sammy's--I mean my knife." Dakota awkwardly looks up at Sam, her cheeks heating up at her slip, she shifts in her place and does the same laugh Dean does when he feels awkward and uncomfortable.

"Dakota." Both boys start, sighing heavily. "I told you to give it to Bobby." Dean finishes alone.

"I'm a hunter!" Dakota insists, losing her awkwardness and crossing her arms. Her eyes turning a shade darker as her anger spikes.