CHAPTER TWO

||CHAPTER TWO // SURPRISE||

They finally get to Pontiac, Illinois, to the hotel Sam's staying at. The bright illuminated sign almost glares Dean in the face as they walk inside. They get the room number from the front desk before Dean practically runs toward the room, Bobby hurries after him. Bobby's missed Dakota a lot, having not seen or heard from her since Dean's death.

Dean glances at Bobby as they stop outside room 207 before knocking. A brunette girl, only wearing a tank top and underwear, answers the door. Cocking an eyebrow as she notices they aren't holding anything.

"So, where is it?" She questions them both, her eyes bouncing between the men.

Dean and Bobby exchange a glance before Dean purses his lips. "Where's what?" He asks in return.

"The pizza that takes two guys to deliver." The brunette sasses back. Dean smiles awkwardly.

"I think we got the wrong room." He takes a step back as Sam enters the room, looking toward the brunette.

"Hey, is--" He breaks off, noticing Dean and Bobby standing outside the door.

Dean's eyes light up and he smiles at his little brother. "Hey ya, Sammy." Sam's breathing picks up as Dean walks into the room a little bit. Sam charges at him, flipping out a silver pocket knife and attacking Dean, Bobby rushes to grab Sam. The brunette cowers into the door and screams when she sees the knife.

Bobby drags an angry Sam away from Dean, Sam screaming. "Who are you?!"

Dean faces turns angry. "Like you didn't do this!" He snaps.

"Do what?!" Sam spits back trying to get free from Bobby's grasp.

"It's him. It's him, Sam." Bobby hushes Sam, assuring him that it's actually Dean. "I've been through this already. It's really him." Dean watches his brother almost sadly.

"But..." Sam says in disbelief his eyes softening and turning wide.

"I know." Dean says softly, before joking. "I look fantastic, huh?"

Bobby rolls his eyes at Dean as Sam steps forward. He pulls Dean into a tight hug, trying not to cry, Dean closes his eyes briefly as he hears Sam sniffle quietly. Dean squeezes Sam before they both release the other, holding a hand on the other's shoulder.

"So, are you two like...together?" The brunette by the door questions, breaking the reunion between the brothers.

The Winchesters both pull a disgusted face before Sam answers her. "No, he's my brother."

"Oh." She says surprised, glancing at Dean before turning to Sam. "I guess, look I should probably go."

Sam agrees instantly. "Yeah, yeah. That's probably a good idea. Sorry." He doesn't seem that sorry as he ushers her out the door. She tells him to call her but he gets her name wrong, turning the whole atmosphere awkward before she finally leaves.