CHAPTER TWELVE

||CHAPTER TWELVE // I WANT THAT||

Dean assumes that Dakota had fallen asleep, but her eyes are wide open and her head filled with thoughts. She wasn't upset with her father, she knew that he loved her...it was just hard to hear him warn someone about their death, when their death leads to her birth.

She's broken out of her thoughts when her father gasps loudly in surprise. She turns around slowly, noticing Castiel sitting in the passenger seat. She sits up, giving up her pretense of sleeping.

"Cas?" She questions, her voice cracking slightly from her dry throat.

"So, what, God's my co-pilot? Is that it?" Her father asks, ignoring Dakota's greeting. Castiel doesn't say anything just spares Dean a glance before returning his gaze to the front. "Oh, you're a regular chatty Cathy." Dean adds sarcastically. "Tell me something—Sam would have wanted in on this. Why not bring him back?"

Castiel glances at Dean once more before speaking. "You had to do this alone, Dean. Dakota wasn't suppose to be here, and I'm sorry for that." Castiel says gruffly.

"I miss Sammy." Dakota mumbles to herself quietly, her heart aching to see her uncle again. She was used to seeing him everyday, having spent the last four months with him.

"And you don't care that he's tearing up the future looking for us right now?" Dean asks, his eyes darting to the rear view mirror-his green eyes meeting his daughter's identical ones.

"Sam's not looking for you." Castiel assures, Dakota's face fills with surprise. Sam would look for them if they went missing, so why isn't he now?

"All right, if I do this, then the family curse breaks, right?" Dean questions, moving on from the information the angel gave him. "Mom and dad live happily ever after, and Sam and I grow up playing little league and chasing tail? And I would still have Dakota?" Dean rambles.

"You realize if you do alter the future, your father, you, Sam, you'll never become hunters. Dakota would never have been born. And all those people you saved, they'll die." Castiel informs him.

Dean pauses, his eyes looking back at his daughter. Her face is sad as she stares at the angel, he can practically see her mind racing with multiple thoughts. She raises a hand to her mouth, biting her nails nervously. A habit that she had picked up from the boys.

"I-I realize that the people we saved would die...but Dakota...Cas is there anyway to save my mom but still have Dakota?" Dean asks, his eyes darting across the road, panic starts to seep into his mind.

"No. If your mother lives, you would never become a hunter. You would never meet Dakota's mother, therefore she would never be born." Castiel says in an almost sad tone, the angel didn't show much emotion but he seemed genuinely sad to talk about Dakota never been born.