CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

||CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE // I AM A HUNTER||

The next couple days were rough for Dakota, she had to deal with meeting her mother and her half-brother alone, because Dean and Sam left for hunt shortly after the meeting. Dean was reluctant to leave but Dakota knew it was important for him to help people and take over the family business. She cried a lot, thinking that she wasn't good enough for her mother.

Her sadness soon turned into anger, it scared her a little how angry she was at her mother. She hated her mother for leaving her and having another kid, for staying with him instead of her.

She didn't need her mother, she's done great for eight years without her. She's helped people, she got an A on her spelling test without her mother. She learned how to ride a bike, tie her shoes, and spell her own name by herself. Of course she had the help of her dad and uncle, but she learned all of that without her mother. She didn't need her. If her mother didn't love her enough to stay, than Dakota didn't need her to help her with anything.

She sighs heavily, pushing her covers back and stumbling out of bed. Bobby called her name an hour ago but gave up when she didn't respond. She pulls out her backpack and dumps her books onto her bed, today was the day of her class trip and she wasn't as excited as she was before. The phone beside her bed starts ringing, the only time the landline rings is if it's Dean or another hunter calling for Bobby.

Dakota glances at the phone before shaking her head slightly, deciding to let Bobby answer it this time. She starts to shove her clothes into the bag as she listens to Bobby talk to whoever called.

"Dakota! Sweet pea, it's for you!" Bobby calls, Dakota drops her back with a wide excited grin.

"Daddy!" She greets happily as she answers the phone. She hears Dean chuckle breathlessly and hears a couple more rustling noises.

"Hey, Kota." Dean replies, she can hear the grin in his voice.

"Hey, bug." Sam calls from in the background.

"Sammy! Guess what!" She nearly shouts at the phone, she jumps up and down a couple times.

"Quit your jumping!" Bobby calls from downstairs, the three Winchesters laugh as they hear him.

"What happened, bug?" Sam questions, his voice sounding closer than before.

"I got an A on my spelling test!" She cheers loudly, closing her eyes and throwing her free hand up.

"That's good, Kota!" Both Winchesters shout into the phone, pride easily heard in both their voices.

"I didn't spell a single word wrong!" She continues, stomping her feet quickly but quietly in excitement.

"You're so smart, baby, how are you so smart?" Dean questions in a soft tone.

"I don't know." She shrugs with an innocent smile. "Sammy?"