CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

||CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE // DADDY-DAUGHTER DATE||

An hour after Dakota ate, she wandered back down to the kitchen. The young Winchester tries to sneak past Bobby, but ends up running into the door when she kept her eyes trained on him for longer than she should've. He just sighs and shakes his head before helping her get some more food.

"Do we have pie? Please!" She begs, holding her hands under her chin with an exaggerated puppy-dog face, as Bobby takes her plate from her. He places it in the sink before turning to her with an astonished expression.

"Really? You just ate dinner and a sandwich, and now you want pie?" He scoffs, she just shrugs, not finding much wrong with it. "You're lucky your dad left some pie here."

"It's dad's pie! I can't eat that!" She gasps, stopping him from getting the dessert.

"Why not?" Bobby asks, raising an eyebrow to urge her to explain.

"It's the sacred rule, Bobby!" She points out, covering her mouth and looking around like Dean was about to pop out and yell at her. "Daddy and I never eat each other's pie! That's...that's a sin!"

Bobby rolls his eyes at his adopted granddaughter. A small grin curling at his lips as he shakes his head.

"You're something else, Kota."

Dakota grins in reply to Bobby. "I guess daddy and I could go get pie on our date." Dakota hums, nodding her head at her words, agreeing with herself.

"Damn right we will." Dean's voice floats in from the doorway of the kitchen.

"Daddy!" Dakota cheers, bolting from her chair and running into Dean's arms.

"Hey, kiddo." Dean greets before nodding to Bobby. "Bobby."

"Hey, Dean."

Dakota pulls away from Dean, giving him a completely shocked look.

"You'll never believe what Bobby said!" Dakota accuses, giving Bobby a cheeky look.

"I said nothing!" Bobby defends himself while giving Dakota a pointed look.

Dakota challenges Bobby, raising an eyebrow at him with a smirk. Bobby's almost shocked by how much she resembles Dean, making the same mischievous look he has. Bobby narrows his eyes at the young girl, not use to her trouble-maker side. It rarely came out.

"What did he say?"

"Nothing!"

"He tried to get me to go against the most sacred rule!"

Dean gasps in mock betrayal, his hand on his chest like he felt hurt by Bobby's suggestion. He gives his daughter a look with raised eyebrows, she looks at him with hooded eyes before they both nod.

"Banishment!" Dakota cries while pointing at Bobby, Dean nods along with her words, crossing his arms over his chest. Bobby sighs and rolls his eyes, leaving the two Winchesters in the kitchen laughing hysterically.