Chapter 18.

It was the morning Davis had to take his mother to get surgery. He was so nervous for her , but he was excited to stop by and see if Malia would take him back.

He knocked on the door because Malia took his key.

"Hey son. Ready?" Carol said smiling at him.

"I wanted to see Malia before we go." He said trying to step in.

"She's not here Davie."

"Then where is she? Where's my son?"

"She went to go find a job. She left Brayden with Hanna." Carol said.

"What? Why would she bring him over there?!"

"Because she needs to get on her feet Davis. She didn't get that degree just to stare at it. She wants to put it to use. Now let's go. I don't wanna be late. You might see her there. She said she wants to support me." She said closing the door and heading to the car.

——

When they arrived to the hospital , he kept an eye out for Malia as his mother went into surgery.

About three hours later his fiancé showed up at the hospital with their son.

They didn't speak to each other. Davis just wanted to look at her. How beautiful she was.

She say across the room , playing with Brayden trying to keep her eyes off of him.

"Don't act like you don't see me." He said staring at her , but she ignored him.

He got up and went over to where she was sitting. "Malia—"

"Don't touch me." She spat.

"Baby I'm sorry. Please just listen." He begged.

"What Davis?! You have one minute." She looked at him.

"What did my dad tell you?!" He asked.

"Does it matter? Just know if you touch Jasmine again , it will be problems!"

"Jasmine?" He said. Davon must've told Malia that Davis has sex with Jasmine , but that didn't make sense because Davis hated Jasmine.

"I guess you hated her so much that you wanted to have sex with her!"

Davis shook his head of confusion. Why would his dad put Jasmine in the middle of things?

"What? Malia no. I didn't do anything with Jasmine."

"That's not what your dad told me." She said.

He sighed , "It was with Hanna. Not Jasmine."

She gave him a blank stare. "I know. I just wanted to see if you'll admit to it. I don't think we should get married. We should call this wedding off."

"Malia. No. We're not calling the wedding off. We're getting married. I want you."

"Well I don't know if I want you anymore." She turned away from him and played with Brayden.

"Can you just have time to think about it at least ?"

"Davis I did all the thinking there is to do. You cheated on me with my best friend. What would you do if I did that to you?! Huh?!" She was causing people to look at them. "Don't have anything to say do you? Because you knew it was wrong. Drunk or not Davis you didn't have to do that."

"Baby I understand I hurt you , I didn't want to do that to you. Please forgive me. I quit that job so I won't have to see her again Malia."

She still didn't budge. "Davis stop talking to me."