Chapter 26

"The baby is okay Davis. Calm down." Cynthia said as he paced back in forth in the hospital.

"Okay but my son is still missing! Don't tell me to calm down!" He yelled.

"Sir. Please have a seat." The receptionist said , but Davis refused.

"I know my grand baby is missing. We'll find him. We will find him." Carol said rocking back and forth.

Brayden was only one. Davis blames himself for letting Malia go home without him.

"Who was watching Brayden that night?" Cynthia asked.

"Uh. Malia's mom."
Hearing that made Cynthia frown.

Davis continued, "She called me once she got home and told me everything was fine , but when I came home my wife was laying on the floor with blood everywhere."

"Did Rachael see anyone suspicious outside of your house? Cynthia asked Davis referring to Malia's adopted mom.

"I don't know. I have spoken to her. My baby's fine but where is my other one?"

"The police is helping. Don't worry. We got this." Carol said hugging her son.

He cried , he didn't know what to do.

"Davie please—"

"Please what?! I can't calm down! I can't do anything. I'm devastated right now. Just please let me be."

They went weeks and weeks without Brayden. Missing posters were everywhere. They had no clue where to look. This little boy is only a one year old going on two.

Nobody really spoke about it and whenever someone did, Davis would lash out.

Malia gave birth to a beautiful baby girl and named her Paisley.
Malia didn't want to go by that name because she was too used to her adoption name.

"Pay. Pay." Malia smiles as Davis held the newborn.

"What?" He asked.

"Her nickname can be PayPay." Malia looked at the little infant as she played with her small fingers.

"She's beautiful." Cynthia said smiling.

"Want to hold her?" Malia asked.

"Oh. Why yes I would." She responded picking up little Paisley. "You didn't have to name her Paisley you—"

"I wanted to. That name is pretty and it's special. Just like her." Malia smiled.

Cynthia couldn't believe she was holding her grand baby. She was happy she was here for this one. Her heart goes out to the Welkins' hoping they'd find their first baby , Brayden.

More weeks went by and still no sign of their beloved.

At this point , Davis wanted to give up , but he still searched for his baby boy.

"Davis please. Can you turn that computer off?" Malia whined.

He was up at four in the morning posting on all social media of pictures and his baby and all the information.
"Malia how can you sleep when our son is missing?! You cannot just forget about him!!" He yelled turning back to the computer.

She stood up and walked over to him , "Davis , I haven't been able to sleep since I had Paisley. Do not start with me!"

"How am I starting with you? What the fuck did I do? Are you blaming me for him missing?!" Davis yelled.

"No I'm not—"

"I should be blaming you! You should've been more careful going home that night!!"