Chapter 25

Months went by and Malia and Jasmine have not spoken to each other , Jasmine also haven't had any contact with Cynthia since she found out. Today was another day to be unexpected.

"Happy Birthday Carol!" Malia said as she gave her a hug and kiss on the cheek.

It was Carol's 47th birthday and like always, she had a get together. There was so many people: Sheila from the office, Malia, Davon , Davis , Germany , Cynthia , and Hanna to name a few. There was so much tension , but everyone was still having fun.

"We're getting old." Cynthia said laughing with Carol.

"Yes we are Girl. Our kids having kids , it's crazy."

"I really missed you." Cynthia said.

"No I missed you more. You were the best friend I ever had. I'm sorry for taking Davon away from you."

"No don't be sorry. I'm sorry that I didn't let you have him anyway. I took him from you and it was petty of me."

"It's okay. I been forgave you. A very very long time ago." Carol said.

"I've forgiven you also. Can we just move past this?"

Carol smiled and hugged her best friend , "Of course. I love you."

"I love you too."

"So did you meet my daughter Jade?" Carol asked.

"You had another baby by—"

"Oh gosh no girl. I promised myself Davis was the only child Davon would get out of me. Her father is James Freckleman."

"The billionaire? You go girl. Where is he?"

"He died about a year ago."

Cynthia was surprised, "Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry."

"It's fine. He was a great man. Very good to me. His legacy will life through Jade and I'm so proud of her. She's doing great in school , and she's taking gymnastics. She's funny like James-"

"She looks just like him too." Cynthia said looking at the little girl.

"Yes she does. That's my baby girl."

"Has Davon been trying to get back with you?" Cynthia asked. See what Carol doesn't know is that Cynthia is still in love with Davon. Crazy right? She never stopped loving him. She wrote in while he was in jail, but he never wrote her back.

"Yes he has. We tried it for a bit, but he went back to Jasmine. I didn't know your daughter was that type of person."

"Yes I'm so sorry for her actions. I need to get her some help. Serious help. She's been like that ever since Coby and I went through with the divorce. I knew it was hard for her also, but I didn't think it'll make her this way. I'm sorry that she took Davon from you. I am."

"No it's fine. It's totally fine." Carol waves her hand.

"No I'm apologizing on her behalf because I know she never will."

"It's fine Cyn. I'm gonna go talk to Sheila, my old secretary. I haven't seen her in a minute."

Cynthia smiled "okay. Sure."

Carol walked over to her friend and Cynthia walked over to Davon.

"Hello stranger." She said as he turned around.

"Hey. What's up?"

"You tell me. I've sent you over 60 letters and you didn't reply to one."

"I was worrying about my life. My kids got taken away from me and—"