chapter 10 The shock

James pov

I was home, on my bed, starring at the ceiling, thinking about how morally wrong it was to manipulate jannah and her family , their warmth made me question my principals in life, and also her, she always seems to be putting on a tough face that doesn't represent the truth about her inner self, I guess she was hurt alot in her life and she doesn't need me to add insult to injury.

When I was lost in my thoughts, the phone rang soI picked it up, it was Sophia.

" Hi darling " she said warmly.

" Hi " I said in the coldest way ever.

" Are you still mad at me babe? " she said.

" No, we are no longer together, remember? " I said trying to cut the call short

" Yes, I think that stupid bet with my brother is keeping you busy these days " she said.

Hell, she knows, why did Richard had to tell her?

She continued " I guess you have just lost it ".

"What do you mean? " I asked angerily.

" Your girl is in my house right now, I guess you should start
preparing the money for my brother " she said sarcastically.

" What the hell, what do you mean ?!!" I asked.

" Why don't you come to see it yourself ?!!" She suggested.

" Tell your brother if he hurts her, I swear I'll come after him myself " I said threatening her.

I didn't wait for her to respond so I hung up on her, then I ran out of my room and down the stairs like the flash, I was under control of the adrenaline in my blood, I couldn't realise my surroundings except when I arrived at the Atkins' mansion.

I knew that place like the back of my hand, I spent days and weeks in it, partying and playing PlayStation.

I went into Richard's room and I couldn't find him, so I went into Sophia' s room, I couldn't believe what I saw.
Richard was pinning jannah to the wall, my adrenaline kicked in again so I grapped Richard off jannah with all my power, and I began to punch him like he was the devil, and he was to me at that moment. I couldn't control my body and I didn't know why, I was so angry at my friend, how dare he does that to this poor girl?!!, she was so powerless and alone. I realized that he was drunk but it only made me madder at him.

Even with all what he had done to her, she still had sympathy for him and she asked me to stop, it was the hardest moment of self control in my whole life, I looked at his face and it was bleeding from every opening in it, I thought if I went on for another couple of minutes, I could have killed him.

I looked at her, she was on the ground, this poor little thing, I tried to calm her down as she was shaking.

She tried to get up but she couldn't, obviously she had an injury in her ankle, " so this asshole caused injured her too " I said to myself.
I wanted to go back to him and finish the job myself, but she needed help.

I helped her get up and wrapped her hand around my neck, she was limbing all the way to the car.

In the car, she thanked me, then we didn't say a word afterwards.
We arrived at her house, and I helped her to the door, her mother opened the door for us ,