chapter 7 Conspiracy revealed

Jannah pov

" Everybody knows who shot him!! " Mr Sullivan said with a smirk.

" Then tell me!!" I said, urging him to speak.

" I genuinely don't think that this is a good place to speak, can we go and sit in the lobby if you have the time? " He asked.

" Oh, yes I guess I have some time before going back to work " I replied.

Ten minutes later we were sitting in the lobby, he bought coffee for both of us, but I couldn't put anything into my mouth, I just wanted to know the truth.
Finally he opened his mouth,

" I'm gonna start from the beginning. About three years ago, Mr Bruce left the chair of CEO of the Wayne enterprises to his son, Mr James, of course after making sure that he could handle the responsibilities of such position, after all it's a multibillion dollar company with hundreds of chair holders. Everything was going okay until one day, one of the partners we used to work with asked for a piece of land in exchange of his services, when Mr James revised the situation of this land, he discovered that the Wayne enterprises was in the process of building and financing an orphanage on it, so he refused aggressively, of course the partner didn't like it, as this land was promising, the area surrounding it was flourishing with new business deals, and its price was increasing in a high rate, this partner threatened Mr James to dig up the dirt on him and his family, and he did " Mr Sullivan stopped taking a sip of his coffee.

" What did he do? " I asked.

" Be patient, I don't want to choke on my coffee, even though it's a good place to choke in a hospital.... " He said before I stopped him.

" Mmmm, let's focus on the topic, who shot James?" I interrupted him.

" Yes, yes, so he started leaking the secrets of the waynes to the press, secret recordings of the meetings, future planes to our opponents. And of course, the stocks dropped massively, and the chair holders didn't like it. He thought that this would make Mr James surrender the land to him, but it made Mr James more stubborn, so this partner started to send threatening messages to him, saying that he is not gonna only end his career but also his life " Mr Sullivan said.

" Oh my God " I said in shock.

" Later we learnt that he hired some hittmen to kill James, this wasn't the first attempt on James' life, there were a couple of times before. I know I'm not supposed to share this with anybody, but you are different Dr Jannah " Mr Sullivan explained.

I didn't know what to say, so I was silent for about five minutes watching him sip his coffee,

" Mr Sullivan, can I ask you about something? I know it maybe not the right time, but I have to " I said.

" Yes, go ahead " he welcomed.

" You said you knew who I'm, what did James tell you about me? " I asked in a shy tone.

" Oh, where can I begin? He told me so much about you. He always said that you raised the bar for him, that any other girl never seems to satisfy him, he always saw you as his forbidden love. I wouldn't say that he never dated, but each time it would end in disaster, because I guess he had only been in love once " he said winking.

" But what about the girl he is dating now? " I asked.

" Who? " Mr Sullivan exclaimed.

" Miss Bernadette? " I asked.

" Oh nevermind her, she is some model who is looking for fame whom his mother is forcing him to date " Mr Sullivan replied.

" Oh " I said looking at my watch, then I continued, " I'm sorry I guess it's time for me to go back to work " I said excusing myself out.

" Okay, I wished we had met in better circumstances " I heard him yell from distance.

I went back to the department, trying to immerse every single cell in my body in work, just to ignore my thoughts about James.
My shift lasted for 48 hours, so after getting some sleep, early in the morning, I went to check on James.

I found him awake, starring at the ceiling blandly,

" Hay, you are awake? " I said trying to cheer him up.

He just looked at me, and didn't say a single word.

" Okay, are you ready for some physiotherapy? " I said, trying to open any conversation with him, he didn't know how much I missed speaking to him.

Again he just stared.

I started extending and flexing his joints to avoid stiffness, and massaging his muscles to avoid contracture as he stayed for a long time in recumbent position.

I couldn't help but notice the signs of depression that started to appear on him, he didn't say a word during the whole thing, he didn't even look, but I expected that, after all he is the only person that doesn't know who he is, everybody seemed like a stranger to him, it's like being stuck in sombody's else body.

" Mr James....." I addressed him before he stopped me.

" Don't...freaking...call...me...that " he yelled at me.

" I'm sorry but, it's expected...." I said before he stopped me again.

" All, you say that it's expected.....it's normal...be patient, you don't understand...you will never understand.....I don't know who I'm!!" He said almost crying.

" But I know " my tongue slipped.

" What? What do you mean? " He exclaimed.

" I'm sorry, excuse me " I left the room in a hurry, wondering why I said that.

Two weeks later

My daily routine have been the same since James has woken up from coma, I go to his room, check his vitals, do some exercise, get yelled at and then leave.

Unfortunately he didn't regain his memory yet, and he had been seeing nightmares on a daily basis, sometimes the nurse would wake me up to check on him, and I would end up giving him sedatives to help him sleep.

Recently he started refusing to eat as the depression got the best of him.

Seeing him like this, made me feel that I've failed him, everyday I would go to sleep in tears because I've done everything I could do but it didn't work.

My only hope now is that Allah would help him.

I was praying in my room before starting my shift when the nurse came in, panicking,

" Your patient, Mr James, is missing!! " She said.

Vote, comment, let me know your thoughts