Chapter 17 In The Middle Of The Lake

Jannah pov

I spent days tied to the chair, not knowing anything about the outside world, what was going on? what is James doing about this? I prayed that he makes the right decision.

I wasn't afraid for my life, I was afraid that James loses his war just for my sake, I didn't deserve the sacrifice of thousands of lives just for my own.
safety.

It wasn't about me, it was about the future, about the neverending battle between good and evil, between what is right in this world and what is wrong.

So I surrendered my fate to Allah, I prepared myself to whatever was coming for me.

The only thing that made me cling to life was my family, they don't deserve to go through my loss too.
And I knew James wouldn't handle it properly too.

I was asleep on my chair when I heard footsteps coming down the stairs, this made me exra alert instantly.

After Falcone threats, his men's presence around me gave me severe anxiety.

Two of them approached me, while the third stood at the back,

" Untie her " he said ordering them.

As they were trying to untie me, I kept rocking the chair, as it was the my only way of resistance.

" Oh don't worry, we are gonna take you on a little trip, you are gonna enjoy it, I promise " the third man said.

This didn't reassure me, actually, it made me more anxious.

As one of the two men ungagged me, I bit his hand, he moaned in agony.

Seeing this happening to his partner, the second man took out a pistol of his pocket and put it to my head.

" You b**** I swear if you don't stop I will f****** shoot your head until nothing is left of it " the other man said.

" Gunther, shut up and do your job" the third man ordered him.

I finally took a deep breath After he removed the pistol off my head.

After they were done untying me, they blinfolded me.

" Hey, get up and move it " one of them said pointing at me with his gun.

I got up, because I didn't have much choice.

They told me to walk infront of them and they kept touching my back with their guns barrels to make me move faster.

After five minute of stumpling over stairs and walking aimlessly, we reached what I deduced was a car as they pushed me inside, a minute later they drove off.

On the way to wherever we were going I heard them speak about " the exchange ", the rest of their conversations were in codes so I didn't figure out exactly what they were speaking about.

After more than an hour, the car stopped, they grapped me outside, and removed the blindfold.

I opened my eyes to find myself in a forest, my heart sank, as the first thought that occured to me was that they were going to kill me and burry me where nobody can find my body.

Suddenly, Flacone emerged from behind one of the trees,

" We are going to miss you, doctor " he said.

His words increased my suspicions, so I started to scream, one of his men jumped to put his hand on my mouth to stop me from screaming, but Flacone removed his hand.

" Let her scream until her vocal cords explode, nobody is gonna hear her here, we are in the middle of nowhere " then he looked at me and said

" see doctor Mohamed, If I wanted to hurt you, I would have done it in the middle of the street in the middle of the day, I'm not a coward, I have this city wrapped around my finger " he said pointing with his little finger arrogantly.

After a long minute of glaring at each other, he turned to his men and said

" bring her "

They kept pushing me, until we reached a lake in the middle of the forest, a scene I would have admired If it wasn't for my situation.

There was a boat docked at the lake side, they kept pushing me until I arrived at the boat.

Flacone extended his hand to me to help me get on the boat, but I refused to give him my hand and I got on the boat by myself.

" stubborn " he smirked.

As soon as I got on the boat, they tied my hand, and my legs, then they have me a chair to sit on.

" Are you satisfied now?" I asked sarcastically.

" More than you can imagine, now you maybe wondering why you are here in the middle of this beautiful lake and this breathtaking view, I'm doing this for two reasons actually, A for your mental health because you spent a lot of time locked up in a dark basement, see jannah, we don't want your feelings to get hurt, and B because this maybe your last moments with us, we wanted to say goodbye while we are on good terms, last impressions always last " he said sarcastically.

" I'm not here for solving your riddles Flacone, what do you want? " I asked.

" What do I want? The question is what does your boy want? We will find out today If he cares about you more or his ego " he said.

They brought me a tv, Flacone a chair to sit on next to me.

At first I didn't understand anything until I saw james on the tv, he was giving a speech infront of a construction site with a crowd of hundreds of people listening carefully to what he was saying.

A tear dropped spontously as I havn't seen him in ages, I missed everything about him.

I couldn't help but to be proud of who he was, and how people looked up to him.

As I was lost in these thought, the sound of gunshots have woken me up.
I looked at the tv, and I saw james  on the ground, bleeding.

" Nooooooo, what did you do? What did you do Falcone? What did you do?" I screamed at him.

" I swear.... it wasn't me... I don't know who did this " Falcone said, but I couldn't believe him.

Suddenly, we heard police sirens, coming from every direction.

With that, the men were running here and there in chaos, not knowing what to do.

One of the men approached Falcone,

" what do we do with her? " he asked.

" Plan B throw her into the water" Falcone said.

Vote, comment, let me know your thoughts.