chapter 10 Assassination

James pov

It was supposed to be a normal day at the Wayne enterprises, the same routine meetings with the chair holders, the same back and forth with the partners, the same brainstorming with my assistants, it was supposed to pass just like any other day, but for one private meeting.

My father arrived before the meeting started,

" Glad to see you're back to your normal life, son " my father said as soon as he entered the meeting room.

" You call this a normal life dad, that's why you gave up your position to me, ha? " I teased him.

" What? I can't retire just like the normal people, I have worked so hard for this family, I owe you this " he said.

" In this job, there is no retirement " I said.

" Yeah, that's the ugly truth. You look nervous son?" My father said.

" Yeah, I think so, I'm about to meet the man that almost took my life " I said.

" Just be patient James, we want to work this out without shedding more blood, I almost lost you last time " my father said.

" I will try father, but in no way I'm gonna give up the orphanage land, on my dead body " I said, making myself clear.

" Don't worry, the police investigated him, all eyes are on him now " my father said.

" Yeah, the same police that ruled him out as a suspect? " I said.

" I know, of course a man like him wouldn't leave an evidence behind, that's why they hire professional hittmen " my father said.

" I know Dad, I just don't know how people would go to great lengths to take something that doesn't even belong to them....... " I said, as my secretary interrupted me.

" Mr Wayne, Mr Falcone is here " she said.

" Let him.... " I said, I couldn't even finish my sentence as he suddenly stormed in.

" James, my boy " Falcone said.

Carmine Falcone was a man in his late fifties, everything about his look was white, his skin, his hair, his clothes, he just loved the white color, which was on the contrary of what his heart was.
But in my head everything about him screamed.....blood.

" I'm not your boy " I said, glaring at him.

" Why so angry son? " He said smiling.

" Angry?? Your men put a bullet through my head, are you crazy? " I said.

" Bruce, your son is calling me crazy, do you like this? " He said to my father.

" No.....no....James be polite " my father said.

" Okay...what do you want ? " I asked Falcone.

" The land " he said, looking me directly in the eyes.

" On my dead body " I said, throwing his staring back at him.