Chapter 21 Seeking Approval

James pov

Hassan looked at me in pure astonishment.

"James!!! Are you sure? You want to marry my sister!!! This is a big step!!! You don't want to rush such a decision, It's your life and my sister's life, this is not a joke James!!!! Are you sure you are not making this decision in the heat of the moment??!! " he said.

" No Hassan, It's not a joke, but I have made this decisions so long ago, when we were apart, I promised myself that if I meet her again, I would never let her go, and this is it Hassan, I can't let her go this time, she is my world, she is all I have, and being muslim I understand that the only healthy realtionship I can ever have with her is marrige, and I think I'm mature enough to understand the responsibilities of marriage " I explained.

" I understand James, It's not like I'm disapproving of your marriage to my sister, you of all people know how much I respect you, you made my sister happy while I couldn't, and I also know how much my sister cares about you, and if you end up marrying my sister i'll be the happiest person on earth. It's that being married myself, I understand that marriage is some times not only about love, It's a bond not only between two persons, but also between two families, and from what I understand your mother never approved of this realtionship in the first place, so how are you going to make it work? " Hassan said.

" My mother never approved of my conversion into Islam in the first place let alone marrying Jannah!! I guess I'm old enough Hassan to make my own decisions " I said.

" I understand James but... What about your future children?? How will they grow in such a hostile environment Where both of their grandmothers are enemies? " Hassan said.

" Why are you trying to bring up imaginary scinarios of events that can or can not happen in the future!?? Why are you trying to bring my spirits down Hassan? " I asked angerily.

" No God no, I'm just trying to explain everything for you as a brother, I just don't want to see your heart or my sister's heart get broken because I care about you both " Hassan explained.

" Okay, Okay, I understand, I'm sorry for pouring my anger on you, It's just the events of this day, everytime I get this close to being with Jannah forever, we get torn apart, I have seen her die Hassan, she was litterally dead, her heart stopped, I just can't let her go this time too, this can only happen on my dead body " I said.

" I understand James, I had to Fight for Jamilah too " Hassan said smiling, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"It's that I've been fighting for so long, I lost her before, I lost my father, I was almost killed, all this exhausted me Hassan, I want our happily ever after, I want her to support me through this life, I need her to fight beside me " I said.

" I understand James, I didn't know how it felt like to have an army of your own until I married Jamilah, and I would do anything for you and my sister James, I've witnessed the beginning of your story, and I would be more than happy if I get to witness your happily ever after, I want to make it up to you for trying to tear you apart, what can I do for you James? " Hassan asked.

" Hassan, I need your help with your mother, I want to speak to her privetly on the matter, I need to convince her, but I want you to pave the way for me, I can't convince her to say yes if I can't even speak to her in the first place " I said.

" I'll try my best man, everything for a brother " Hassan said.

" Thank you, Thank you Hassan, I really appreciate your support " I said, hugging him.

I said my goodbyes to Hassan, and headed for the Wayne tower, there was a business emergency and they needed me in the enterprise.

I was hugely relieved to gain Hassan's support in my Campaign to win Jannah.

Ten days later.

Today is the big day, Hassan called me saying that Jannah's mother was ready to sit with me.

I had to travel from san fransisco to LA where Jannah's family live.

I didn't want the news to reach my mother , so I only told Matt about it.
Jannah, herself didn't know about it.

She has been doing really Well, she left the hospital and took a month off her work for physical and mental rehabilitaion, I haven't seen her in a week because I knew I couldn't hide my plans from her.

She was staying in san fransisco so it was a good opportunity for me to speak to her mother privately.

I took Matt with me.
After my father's death he became like a big brother for me, I appreciated his opinions, and I sometimes let him make my decisions for me.

I needed him in that trip, he was my backone, and I trusted that he would make the right decision if anything goes south.

We traveled by a private plane to LA.

I couldn't deny that going back to my birth place made me nervous, but I was really eager to go on such a journey.

I let Matt drive on the way to Jannah's family house, because I wanted to take the opportunity to go back in time to all the memories that I've abandoned to go to San Fransisco for work.

I closed my eyes and I went back to the deep pit in my mind where I exiled my memories about that time in my life.

It was here where I first knew love, it was here where I first knew loss, it was here where I first met her, it was here where I first knew God.

Now I'm here for what I hope is a happy closure for our story, maybe just the beginning of a new chapter in our lives.

A new chapter full of...... Just me and her.

Vote, comment, let me know your thoughts.