chapter 9 Old memories

Jannah pov

" I can't do this anymore " James said with the scalpel against his wrist.

I searched my pocket noticing that the scalpel that I put there, was absent, James must has taken it.

" No, no, stop James, don't do anything stupid, please " I said panicking.

" You promised me that I'm going to remember, you promised me that everything is going be okay " he yelled at me.

" Yes, and I meant it " I replied.

" But nothing has changed, I can't remember, I don't know who I'm, I can't do this anymore " he said.

" Please James, don't hurt yourself, don't do anything stupid, I care about you, to me you are more than just a patient " I said.

" Cut the B***s*** please, I don't believe you, I don't believe anybody " he said.

" No, that's not B***s***, I'm telling the truth, James, you don't know how much you mean to me " I said.

" Please stop, this is not going to stop me from ending it all, I'm sorry " he said, pressing the blade against his wrist, looking at me in surrender.

I had no other option but to put my hand between the blade and his wrist, then I snatched the blade away with all my power, this made the blade cut deeply through my hand, and I fell to the ground from the power of pulling.

I looked at my hand and It was bleeding profusely.
I started to cry.

" Why did you do this? You are so stupid!! " He yelled at me.

" I told you, because I freaking care " I yelled back at him through the pain.

Then James looked at me for a minute or two, like something snapped in his head,

" Oh my God.....it's you......Jannah....I remember... Jannah Mohamed " he said in astonishment.

" Yes, it's me, it's me James " I said, drying my tears.

" I do remember, I'm sorry for hurting you, I didn't mean to, it should have been me " he said, leaving the bed, approaching me on the floor.

He opened my hand, and looked at the wound,

" Oh my God, how can I help? What should I do? " He panicked.

" It's okay, it looks worse than it actually is, there are some bandages in the drawer next to your bed " I explained.

He went to the drawer, and came back with the bandages.
He started to wrap my wounds with the bandages,

" I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I've been dreaming about seeing you again for years, this shouldn't have been the way we meet after all those years, I'm sorry " he said.

" It's okay, I'm okay James, don't worry " I said.

" Still tolerant as I've always known you, I thought the years would have changed you!!" He said smiling for the first time in a while.

" Yep, same old me " I said.

" But not same old me " he said in saddness.