chapter 26 Dreams coming true

Jannah pov

" Jannah, wake up, you don't want to be late on your first day of your senior year " I heard a familiar voice saying.

" Mum......what??!! " I said trying to open my eyes.

I wasn't aware of my surroundings at first, it was like being in a parallel universe, and at the speed of light you wake up in another.
That's when it hit me.

So, the whole thing was a dream!!!! James Wayne is still alive, there is no bet, Artemis didn't kill himself.

" Come on, wake up, lazy girl " my mum said.

" I just....I had a dream " I said.

My mum's face changed.

" You are just stressed out, it's gonna be a good year in shaa Allah " she said trying to fake a smile.

" Mum, I always tell you about my dreams, have I ever told you about a dream that didn't come true?!! " I asked

She didn't say a word for about a minute.

" I told you...it's the stress of the new year " she said trying to reassure me.

" Mum, tell me the truth " I insisted.

" Okay, all your dreams always come true, you dreamt about your father's accident before his death, you dreamt about Hassan leaving us and he did, Everytime it comes true " she said.

" It's my curse " I said angerily.

" No, no, don't say that, it's a blessing " mum tried to reassure me.

" Well, pray that this one doesn't come true " I said.

" Okay, get your lazy ass up, and prepare the breakfast, I will go and read Quran " she said leaving the room.

" Great, I think this dream is starting to come true " I said to myself.

I prepared the breakfast, we all sat down to have a good meal to help us get through the day.

Then I got up to put on my cloths to go to school, I didn't realize until later that I've put the same outfit I had in the dream.

I couldn't stop thinking about this dream the whole time, I've never spoken to James Wayne before, I know nothing about him except that he is one of the school biggest bullies, why should I dream about him?!! except that this was a warning.

At school I tried my best to dismiss my ideas, but I found myself looking for James to make sure that he was okay, and I couldn't help but let out a sigh of relief when I saw him laughing, jumping up and down with his rich friends.

"Well, I guess you are pretty much alive". I said to myself smiling.

Everything was okay until lunchtime.
I had pizza and yogurt, just like the dream.

I was about to sit down to the losers table, when I heard everybody gathering around Richard, I didn't need to look to know that it was Artemis who was being bullied.

" I guess the dream is coming true " I said to myself in terror.

I also didn't want to look because I knew I couldn't do anything about it, I needed to break the pattern, I didn't want this dream to come true.