Chapter 11 Hiding from the world

Jannah pov

The first thing that came out of James' mouth as soon as I closed  the door behind him was

" My father was killed, Jannah " he cried.

" Oh God, I'm so sorry " my tears fell spontaneously.

" He took a bullet for me, it was supposed to be me " he yelled.

" Don't say this James, it's his fate, at least he died without seeing you get hurt " I tried to calm him.

" It's my fault, I was supposed to be the one to pay for it " he said.

" No, don't say this, you did the right thing James, you stood for the vulnerable who couldn't stand for themselves " I explained.

" I miss him already, he was my biggest supporter, my biggest teacher, I used to make stupid choices in life and not to be afraid because I knew he would stand by me, I knew he would be there for me, but now I no longer have this privilege  " James said.

" I understand James, I understand this feeling of powerlessness, that you are fighting alone against the world, but God will put in your path other fellow fighters and supporters you never even imagined would be there for you " I said, trying to reassure him.

" I'm sorry for bringing you into this but Matt asked me to come here, he said I should stay away for some time " James said, drying his tears.

" It's okay, I'm gonna be your first fellow fighter " I tried to smile at him.

" Are gonna be okay with me staying here? " He asked.

" It's gonna be awkward, but it's okay. You are sleeping on the sofa, I like my bed " I said trying to tease him.

" Okay " he smiled finally.

" You look like you didn't eat anything in hours? I'm having dinner anyway " I suggested.

" It's fine, really " he said.

" You know this type of excuses don't work in an arab houses, right?" I said.

" Yeah, I know " he said.

I prepared dinner and we sat to have it together, it consisted of pasta with white sauce and chicken, with green salad.

" So what are you gonna do? What's your plan, James? " I asked him.

James kept pretending to eat, just to satisfy me,

" I don't know, I really don't " he said.

" Okay, you don't have to think about it now " I said.

" Can I ask you something? " He said.

" Yep " I answered.

" How did this feeling of missing your father go away? How do you forget? How do....?" He stopped.

" Time, James, time is the answer, just give it time " I said.

" Do you forget? " He asked.

" No, but life keeps you distracted " I said.

" Thanks for understanding, Jannah " he said, smiling.

" It's nothing, it's just one of my many talents " I said.

" I see, you got infected by my sense of humor " James said.

" Oh God no " I said.

After finishing dinner, I prepared the sofa for him to sleep on,

" Are you going to sleep now? " He asked.

" Yeah, my shift begins early in the morning " I said.

" Okay, I'll sleep too. Are you gonna kiss me goodnight? " he said, winking.

" I would, but I'll have to kill you first!!" I said.

" God, you are brutal " he said.

" Yeah, when it comes to my dignity, I'm " I answered.

" I like this " he said.

" Another thing, if you wake up in the morning and you didn't find me, don't panic, I'll be in the hospital, okay? " I said.

" Okay...mum " he said.

I had a pillow in my hand so I hit him on with it,

" Ouch, I was shot in the head remember? " He complained in pain.

" And I'm your doctor, and I think you need a hit or two on your head to mature " I said.

" What? Okay, you did this to yourself, don't regret it " he said.

" What? What do you me.....?" I couldn't complete my sentence as he lifted another pillow and hit me with it.

I fell to the ground in pain.

" Ahhhh, oh my God, I hate you " I said.

" Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to " James said, helping me up.

I took the chance to hit him again, so he fell to the ground too.

" Ahh, ouch, that one gave me concussion, what the hell? It's like having a pillow fight with John Cena, Ahhh, my ribs " he said.

" Stop complaining and go to sleep " I said.

" Okay, you are the boss " he said, trying to stand up.

I went to sleep inside the room, and I closed the door from inside.

I woke up at about 6Am in the morning, I took a look at James, he was still sleeping, so I decided to leave him a note.

The note said
" James, yesterday was really awkward, so I guess I'll stay in the hospital for the next week to give you some freedom in the apartment, don't worry I have a lot of work already, and I don't mind staying in the hospital, there is food in the fridge so that you don't have to leave the apartment, I'll call Genvieve and ask her to come to stay with you, call me if you need anything, Jannah "

I hoped he didn't get mad at me.

At the hospital that day, I was busy checking on a female patient, when Dr Kent entered the room,

" Dr Jannah, they are calling your name at the reception " he said.

" Okay, I'll go and see " I said.

I went to the receptionist,

" Have you been calling my name? " I asked him.

" A man by the name of Falcone is looking for you!!! " He said.

Vote, comment, let me know your thoughts.