chapter 11 Repentance

James pov

I was lost, I didn't know what to do?!! However I only knew one thing, I needed to convince Jannah that I have changed. I wanted her back.

Sometimes I ask myself why do I feel the urge to be around this girl?!! We were not similar in any way!! We are from two different worlds. She is Muslim with a loving family, she cares only about school. And I'm a person who doesn't even think about religion, from a privileged family, who cares only about satisfying his desires. Our relationship wouldn't go anywhere. Then why would we start one in the first place?!!

That was my mind's point of view, but my heart had another thing to say.

I do care about her, so much actually, that I can't imagine going through my day without seeing her. Even the sight of her was enough for me.

I was charmed by her very own magic, that spell of hers, is out of this world.

The next day at school I saw her at lunch time, she was sitting alone to the - losers table - as we popular kids call it

I went to talk to her, so I sat down next to her.
She didn't even look.

" I don't know how to make it up to you, I'm genuinely sorry " I said regretfully.

" You want to make it up to me??? " she said.

" Yes " I answered with a hopeful tone.

" Leave me alone!! " she answered with a serious face.

" Jannah, I want to earn your trust back " I said trying to continue the conversation.

" You said it yourself trust is earned not given " she said.

" But I changed, I regret what I've done " I said.

" And how do I know that this is not another trick of yours to win your precious bet?!! " she said.

" No I swear I........" I said.

" No, don't swear by God when you are lying " she said, cutting me off.

" Then teach me how I can earn your trust back?!! " I said.

" You can't, I don't want to be around you James, you are a bad influence " she said.

" Look, you may not understand, hell, I don't even understand, all I know is that I want to be around you Jannah Mohamed " and with these words I left.

I looked back at her face for a split second and she was slightly smiling.

At the end of the school day I was sitting in my car thinking about it, when it hit me, so I decided to drive to Jannah's family house.

Jannah's mother opened the door for me, she was surprised but she welcomed me warmly.

" Ma'am, can you bring Jannah here for me I want to speak to her in front of all of you " I said.

" Okay, son " she replied and then she went upstairs.

Jannah came downstairs in a flowery dress with a pink scarff on her head, she was shocked for seeing me.