chapter 25 Between life and death

All the shine of a thousand spotlights
All the stars we steal from the nightsky
Will never be enough
Never be enough
Towers of gold are still too little
These hands could hold the world but it'll
Never be enough
Never be enough

Read till the very last line

Jannah pov

" James, James, wake up, help is here,...... please, please, I'm begging you, please, open your eyes, please " I started to cry.

I wished he would open his eyes and say " got ya " but it was a ridiculous wish.

" Look at me James, hay, hay, look at me " I held his head between my hands, wishing that he would open his eyes, but no good.

" Ya Allah, please, please, make him okay " I said crying.

One of the paramedics ran towards me,

" Hay are you okay ?" He asked.

I didn't realise that I was covered in blood until then, and the worst part, it was James's blood.

" I'm okay but he is not responding " I said pointing at James.

" Don't worry we will take good care of him, we will do our best " he said trying to reassure me.

They carried James, put him on a stretcher, and I followed them in a hurry.

When we arrived at where the ambulance was, they carried him inside, and I waited outside watching them carefully.

They cut his shirt with sicissors to expose the upper part of his body, stick some pads to his chest to check his heart rate, and put an oxygen mask over his face to help him breath.

" Is he gonna be okay ?!!" I asked in terror.

" I think so, his pulse is regular and strong and his oxygen saturation is within normal limits " the paramedic explained.

" Alhamdulilah, Alhamdulilah " I inhaled deeply as if I haven't breathed in ages, I was about to cry with happiness.

But suddenly the cardiac monitor to which James was connected started to peep faster and make strange noises.

" What's wrong ?!!" I asked the paramedics but they ignored me.

I heard one of them say to the other one,

" He is going into v-tach!!!!!!! "

" Start CPR, he needs intubation " the other paramedic said.

They started to compress his chest, and they put a long tube inside his mouth to deliver oxygen into his lung.

I couldn't believe my eyes, I was fixed in my place watching them trying to save James, my James.

" Ya Allah save him please, he saved my life " I was making dua' all the time.

Suddenly I heard the cardiac monitor giving a continuous uninterrupted sound, announcing out loud that James heart had stopped.