Chapter 25 The Plot

Jannah pov

I was in my room on my laptop, googling wedding dresses and trying to understand the differences between different Designs.

Haven't I told you before, I kinda have dress phobia, I hate dresses, I've worn them before but only under my mother's pressure.

Why.......?
Because It always seemed like a totally foreign world to me.
All the names, all the shapes, all the fabrics, seemed confusing.

" God, this is so confusing, this should be a science on Its own, or they should teach this to females in their final year at School " I mumbled.

Each shape had a name, like ball gowns, trumpet silouhette, mermaid silouhette and etc.

Even the fabrics were confusing, this one is called tulle, that one is lace, the other is georgette...... Ahhhhh.

" That tulle took It's toll on me... Yeah pun intended.... Oh God I caught James's sense of humor " I said to myself, laughing.

And I still had to find which one is perfect for me.

" Should I just ask James to chose for me?? He had been to fashoin weeks and extravagant weddings, he definitely understood the differences between these designs, and could pick the perfect one for me..... No, no, I'm the pride, I should do it for myself, I should enjoy this experience " I said to myself.

I envy James, he only had to show up in a black suit, end of stoy, but I had to pick a dress, a hijab, a crown, the shoes, accessories and the bouquet of flowers, can't we just trade places for a day.

As I was immersed on studying " literally " for my wedding, my phone rang.

It was a private number, I decided to answer because I knew James as a businessman had multiple different numbers and some of them could be private.

" Assalam Alikum... James " I said answering the phone.

" No..... His mother " the voice on the other side said.

My heart literally sank, that was the last voice I expected to hear on my phone.

" Oh.... Mmm.. How.. How Are you doing ma'am?" I said awkwardly.

" Fine... Fine... Congratulations by the way my son came by and told me about the news " she said coldly.

" Oh... Thank you.. Thank you" I said.

" I just wanted to let you know that you have my blessings for this marriage you saved my son's life many times and I'm eternally grateful " she said.

" Oh.... I can't describe how pleased I am to hear this " I said.

" And as a sign of my good intentions, I'm inviting you to the mansion to prepare you suite as you wish, James told me that you are staying here for some time before you go on your honeymoon " she said.

" wha......oh..thank you, but James is better than me at this I guess " I said awkwardly.

" No, I insist, this part of the mansion needs a feminine touch, I'm expecting you..... Today " she said.

" Today... But I have no idea about house decorations!!! " I said.

" It doesn't matter, just Come today to see the suite and then take your time to decide what you want, I really want to see my son's pride today " she said.

" Oh... Okay then I'll call James and tell him to come pick me up " I said.

" Oh no, no, don't do that, let's make it a surprise for him, I'll send you my own driver, he will pick you up in an hour " she said.