chapter 3 The truth revealed

Jannah pov

" What truth, Hassan, you are freaking me out ?" I yelled at my brother.

" Calm down, Jannah, I knew I had to tell you one day, but before telling you, I want you to know that I'm sorry " Hassan said in regret.

" Tell me what Hassan, and sorry for what, speak, please " I said, trying to lower to voice as we attracted the attention of people around us.

" The dreams you used to have about James were.....were true " he said in hesitance.

" What do you mean were true? " I said in confusion.

" I mean....They.....Took place in real life, they happened...for real " Hassan explained.

" What....what do you mean?....I don't remember this " I said fanatically.

" You don't remember because...you had PTSD " Hassan said.

" Why would I have PTSD? I never did " I asked.

" you don't remember but you were with our father in the car, the night of the accident, it affected you deeply, it messed up your memory for some time, then you started to remember fragments of your life before the accident, you started to see them in your dreams, and the parts you couldn't remember, your brain made up some events to fill in the gaps, I know it's hard to believe this, but this is the truth we hid from you for years" Hassan explained regretfully.

" But the shooting....James didn't die.... " I said.

" I told you, your brain made up some events to fill in the gaps, like a defensive mechanism, that's what the doctors said " Hassan explained.

" You mean....Me and James.....we were in love? " I asked.

" Yes..... " he replied.

" That's why James said that he saw the same dream when he confronted me, because it was real " I said, then looked at my brother,

" And you lied to me all those years...you made me abandon him....maybe if I hadn't abandoned him, he wouldn't have been shot " I said to him, angerily.

" We had to, Jannah, his mother was crazy, she threatened us....she threatened us to..." Hassan, said before stopping mid sentence.

" She threatened us to....what??" I asked.

" She threatened us to send someone to......do horrible things to you....The woman was a lunatic " Hassan spilled it out.

" What????!!!!! " I said in shock.

" When James reverted, she blamed us for it, she believed that we brainwashed him to do so, I'm sorry but we were afraid of her, she said she would do anything to stop that relationship, she couldn't see us as humans, she wanted us to keep you away from him, and promised if we did so, she would pay for your college expenses " Hassan said.

" She paid for my medical school? " I yelled at him.

" And got me a job in the local newspapers " Hassan added.

" And that was the price of lying to your sister? You broke two hearts, two lives....." I yelled at him.

" I told you, she threatened us, she used the carrot and stick strategy with us " Hassan explained.