Prolouge: Five or Six Years?

"Okay, let me start off," Jisoo says, shifting in the leather seat. "I'll just say that we really don't need to be here. See, we've been married for five years."

"Six." Jennie corrects from the leather seat next to her.

"Five or six years," Jisoo nods. "And this like a checkup for us, a chance to poke around the engine. Maybe change the oil? Replace a seal or two." She proposes.

"Very well then. Lets pop the hood." Their counsellor says. "On a scale of one to ten how happy are you as a couple?"

"8." Jennie answers confidently. Without a drop of hesitancy.

"Wait. 10 being totally happy, and 1 being completely miserable or...?" Jisoo inquires.

"Just respond instinctively."

"Okay," Jisoo clicks her tongue in understanding, sparing a glance at her wife. "Ready?"

"Ready."

"8." They answer simultaneously.

They watch as he writes down a few things on his notepad before looking back up at them.

"How often do you have sex?"

"I don't understand the question." Jennie says.

"Yeah I'm lost, is this a 1 to 10 thing?" Jisoo asks.

"Is 1 very little, or is it nothing? Because technically speaking nothing would be 0." Jennie says.

"And if we don't know what 1 is then what's 10?" Jisoo adds with a nervous laugh.

"Yeah cause is 10 like..constant?"

"Unrelenting?"

"Not stopping for..."

"Nine hours?" Jisoo raises a questioning brow.

"It's not a 1 to 10 scenario. It's a basic question. How often do you have sex?" The man asks impatiently.

The two stare at him in silence, unsure of how to go about the question. The man raises a brow in return.

"How about this week?"

"...Including the weekend?" Jisoo responds.

"Sure."

"15."

"Times?"

Jisoo nods. Meanwhile Jennie was avoiding eye contact with the both of them, choosing to observe her nails instead.

"Describe how you two first met."

"It was in Columbia." Jennie answers.

"Bogotá. Five years ago." Jisoo nods.

"Six." Jennie corrects again.

"Right. Five or six years ago."

•BOGOTÁ, COLUMBIA•
FIVE (OR SIX) YEARS AGO...

Jisoo sat at her hotel bar enjoying a Long Island iced tea as she read the local papers. The sounds of locals running around in the streets along with sirens didn't faze her one bit.

Just then a number of officers barged into the lobby carrying heavy arms much more than the standard pistol. They were shouting things in Spanish and interrogating anyone they made eye contact with.

Jisoo adjusted the sunglasses on her face and motioned to the bartender. "Hey. Que pasa?" She asks in Spanish.

"Someone shot the Barracuda. Police are looking for tourists travelling alone." The local informs her.