Ch 9. Bait.

CHAEYOUNG💋

"Found him. He's being held in some basement owned by the federal courthouse. High security, motion, and thermal. Powers on a city grid. This is as far as I can go Unnie." Chaeyoung sighs looking at the screen of her laptop.

"Yeah I know," Jennie sighs sadly. "Thanks for your help Chaeng." She gives a weak smile.

"Anything for my hubby," Chaeyoung smiles back.

"Uhm excuse me. I'm right here." Jisoo interrupts from her spot beside Jennie.

"Oh yes hi Unnie," Chaeyoung grins with a small wave.

"Hi. Nice to see you again Chaeng." Jisoo nods in return. "Sorry about lying to you, you know how it is."

"Yeah, sorry for lying to you too. I understand." Chaeyoung agrees.

"Do you know about—"

"Lisa? Yes. I've known for the last two years." Chaeyoung nods.

"Oh...and you—"

"Didn't kill her. I too made the mistake of falling in love with her." Chaeyoung smiles weakly. "I try to ignore the fact that this is what she does for a living. If I pretend I don't know we can still be in eachothers lives. And at this point I know I wouldn't be able to live without her."

"Right. I guess that's wise." Jisoo nods. "...I'm glad Lisa has someone like you in her life Chaeng. I know sometimes she can be hard to handle, but she deserves someone like you. Thanks for taking care of her."

"Always Unnie. You two stay safe. Call me if you make it."

UNDERGROUND FEDERAL PRISON•
张艺兴🃏
ZHANG YIXING 🃏

Bored out of his mind, Zhang Yixing sat in a chair with his hands tied behind his back, locked up in a cell.

There was a tv in front of him on the other side of the bars along with a few guards boredly playing poker together.

Shuffling his chair closer to the bars he rests his head against them. "Excuse me. Excuse me sir could you change the channel?" He asks.

He was tired of watching the Weather channel. It's not like he was leaving anytime soon.

The guards ignore him, continuing on with their poker game.

"Excuse me? Could you get off your fat ass and change the channel?" He asks again.

This time the guard pauses his game to stand up.

"Thank you," Yixing smiles in appreciation. It drops when the guard changes the channel to static instead. "....god I hate this place." He mutters.

•JISOO💍

"There's a thirty second window. I'll cut the power, you grab him. Simple in clean. Got it." Jennie says sternly.

She knew her wife well enough to know that their tactics suffered greatly. Jennie was all about being efficient and precise. While Jisoo did what she wanted as long as the job got finished.

"Got it." Jisoo nods distractedly as she fixes the straps of her vests. "So, tell me. How many?"

Jennie glances over at her. She tried not to think about the numbers. Sometimes it was easier that way.

"Does it matter?" Jennie asks.

"Should I go first?" Jisoo raises a brow.

"Okay."