Ch 3. I Love Her.

JISOO 💍

"I think I got ID'd on that last hit." Jisoo says between chewing. "You ever been ID'd on a hit?"

"Not that I'm aware of, no." Lisa shakes her head.

"Right. I think I'm in trouble."

The two of them were sitting in Jisoo's and Jennie's Kitchen having breakfast. After being informed the consequences of her failed mission, Jisoo had much to discuss with her best friend. They knew that Jennie wasn't home so things would be safe to talk about. (Little did she know).

"You get a good look at him?" Lisa asks.

"Little thing. Buck 10, buck 15 tops."

"Maybe he's Filipino," Lisa shrugs.

"Maybe, but I'm sure it was a chick." Jisoo says making Lisa choke on her coffee.

"Are you saying you got your ass kicked by some other girl?" Lisa raises her brows in disbelief.

"Yeah maybe." Jisoo nods, stabbing her fork into her breakfast.

"Really?"

"Pro."

"Well then this should be easy for you. I mean how many hitters do you know that are chicks?" Lisa says making Jisoo shrug. "Hm. I see Jennie did the dishes." She nods behind her.

Jisoo glances over her shoulder. "How do you know it wasn't me?"

"Because once when all the knives were dirty I watched you cut a bagel with your key." Lisa says pointedly earning an eye roll from Jisoo. "Anyways, did you get any other details besides her weight class?"

"Laptop."

"I'm sorry what? You're in this whole zone and I'm having a hard time talking to you."

"Laptop." Jisoo drops a burnt laptop on the counter.

"Okay Laptop." Lisa nods. "It looks pretty beat. Did you get anything from it?"

"I got an address. 435 Highland Drive, Seoul." Jisoo says. "You know it?"

"Sounds familiar. Let's check it out."

"I'll grab my coat."

•••

They arrive at the address within fifteen minutes. Jisoo wears a mask and a cap before heading into the building. Approaching the front desk she lowers her mask only enough for her to speak.

"Excuse me Miss?"

"Yes, How May I help you?" The receptionist smiles.

"Is it possible for me to know who owns suit 3500." Jisoo asks.

"May I ask why?"

"It's strictly business. I'm here for a job interview." Jisoo lies.

"Oh well then of course," The innocent girl types into her computer. "Mrs Jennie Kim will be up in Suit 3500."

The name causes Jisoo's eyes to widen. Did she hear correctly? Jennie Kim? How many possible Jennie Kim's were there in Korea.

"Did you just say Jennie Kim?" Jisoo asks to make sure she heard right.

"Yes, Miss Jennie Ruby Jane is the owner of this building." The receptionist nods.

The confirmation makes Jisoo swallow thickly as she blinks blankly at the girl. There's only one Jennie Ruby Jane Kim in this world and jisoo is positive she's married to her.