Ch 22. The one with the Broken Nose.

"Oh am I interrupting something?" Chaeyoung walks into the kitchen.

"No honey, everything is fine." Lisa gives her a small smile. "We were just chatting. Are you ready to go?"

"Actually I wanted to come and see if we could stay to read Eden her bed time story. She just asked me and you know I can't say no." Chaeyoung hugs her.

"Yeah okay, we can stay a little longer." Lisa kisses her forhead.

Junhyun clears his throat and looks away. "I uh...I should get back." He motions to the living room before leaving.

"What was that about?" Chaeyoung asks.

"I'll tell you about it when we get home." Lisa sighs.

•••

"So? What was that all about?" Chaeyoung asks setting the keys on the hook by the door.

"It's complicated." Lisa sighs removing her coat for her.

"When is it ever not complicated?" Chaeyoung lets out a light laugh.

"That's true." Lisa nods as they make their way to the bedroom.

"How about this?" Chaeyoung places her hands on Lisa's shoulders. "Why don't you go have a nice warm shower. Relax a little, I can tell you're stressed. Then when you're finished we can talk." She tenderly massages Lisa's shoulders.

Lisa relaxes at her touch and lets out a content sigh. "Yeah, that sounds nice."

"I'll be waiting." Chaeyoung kisses her shoulder.

•••

After her shower she felt much better than she did leaving Jisoo's and Jennie's house. She sat down on the edge of the bed and dried her hair.

"Hey, feeling any better?" Chaeyoung asks walking into the room. She was already dressed in her pyjamas. A pair of pinstripped boxers and a white tshirt.

"Yeah, much better. Thank you." Lisa gives her a small smile.

"No need to thank me." Chaeyoung says taking a seat on her lap. "You okay?" She slips her hand under Lisa's shirt to rub at her back.

"Could be better." Lisa tells her honestly.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Chaeyoung asks. "If you don't want to, thats okay too."

"I guess I was just caught off gaurd." Lisa sighs. "I wanted to tell you before, but then I thought it would be pointless. I never planned on seeing him again."

"Who? Junhyun?"

"Yeah." Lisa nods. "He and I used to date..."

"Hm thats...interesting? Is that the word I'm looking for?"

"We met a long time ago, initially when I met Jisoo. He was a good friend to me, but then I actually started to like him. Turns out he liked me too. It was a love story straight out of a movie." Lisa laughs fondly. "But our break up was just as cliché." She rolls her eyes. "He moved away for university, I was still in high school with Jisoo. We just couldn't make it work you know?"

"Yeah, I get it." Chaeyoung nods brushing Lisa's hair away. "Is that why you never wanted to leave Australia?" She grins.

"I was afraid that I wouldn't ever see you again." Lisa says. "That wasn't a risk I was willing to take."

"I take it Jisoo's brother still loves you?"

Lisa nods, sucking her lips into her mouth. "There will always be apart of me that loves him too. It's something I've accepted long ago. I mean, he was my first love." She shrugs. "But unlucky for him, there's someone that takes up all of my heart. A certain Australian girl I couldn't walk away from."