Ch 1. Meet The Kims.

Five or Six years Later...
JISOO 💍

After being married for five years everything about their day was practically routine. At times it was a life saver, other days it made Jisoo want to jump from the nearest building. Sometimes the boredom of her routine marriage made her question if this is what she wanted for the rest of her life.

Key word; Sometimes.

The moment she looks over at the body lying next to her in bed she forgets all the doubts circulating her head.

Her wife was stubborn, rough around the edges, and very put together. All the things Jisoo was not.

Jisoo was the goofy type, only serious when need be, and a complete fool when it came to Jennie Kim.

But in some ways her wife was for her too. Maybe that was what made their marriage work. Even between the down pat routine and 9-5 work days they both (unknowingly) lie about.

Their alarms go off at the same time. Jisoo always pretends to have just woken up when in reality she's spent the last ten minutes admiring Jennie down to the last eyelash on her face.

They tell eachother good morning and give eachother a brief kiss. Jisoo remembers the days when those brief kisses turned into make out sessions and eventually a call into work saying they'll be late. These days they only get out of bed and get ready together.

"Jisoo yah if you forget your lunch in the fridge again I'm not gonna bring it to you." Jennie warns while pouring herself a cup of coffee.

"Jennie yah I told you I'm not going to," Jisoo sings in the same tone walking into the kitchen.

Jennie turns around to greet her. Jisoo is wearing her reading glasses, hair up in her usual messy bun, only a brallette and sweatpants on. She greets Jennie with their usual morning kiss. Lips that taste like toothpaste, the other like coffee.

"Good morning," Jennie smiles.

"Good morning indeed." Jisoo says kissing her again. "Are you sure you have to go in to work today?" Jisoo asks.

"Yes. Unfortunately." Jennie sighs. "And so do you missy." She bops Jisoo's nose.

"But I don't wanna," Jisoo whines resting her head against her.

"Will you be late tonight?" Jennie asks.

Jisoo lifts her head with a small frown. "I'm not sure yet, why?"

"We have that dinner party, remember? I told you about it last week."

"Ah right," Jisoo nods. "I will be there."

"Good." Jennie nods back. "Dinner is at seven, next door. The whole neighbourhood is invited. We're expected to attend."

"Please don't tell me it's the Jung's." Jisoo rolls her eyes.

"Unfortunately." Jennie sighs. "I don't know why they want to be friends with us so badly."

"Do we have to go?"

"Yes. We don't need to be gossiped about even more than we already are in this god damn neighbourhood." Jennie grumbles while crossing her arms.