Ch 4. Last Words.

JENNIE 💍
The Next Day;

"Alright Ladies, you know the drill." Jennie commands, opening the door to their house.

All of the members of the Blacklabel Unit stood behind her. They were to search every inch of the house for information on Jisoo, whether Jennie liked it or not. A job was a job after all.

"Search matchbooks, receipts, anything that has Jisoo's name on it." Chaeyoung instructs the girl's.

With that the girl's spread out and search the house.

•••

Jennie crosses her arms as she scans the empty room. The only thing in it being a white dresser. It was going to be a nursery.

Key word; was.

Jisoo and her had had a talk regarding having kids sometime within the next year. Her wife had been so excited she had cleared out the whole room and painted the walls Yellow claiming it was gender neutral and cute.

"You don't love her." Jennie tells herself.

The more she tells herself the more she doubts it. She wasn't supposed to love her. You're not supposed to feel anything for your target. No remorse, No guilt, No feelings.

She tries to convince herself that that's how it's supposed to be, but then she remembers Jisoo's stupid happy smile when she surprised Jennie with the room. She has to remind herself that it wasn't just her that was lying. It was Jisoo too.

Her fingers play with the wedding ring she's had difficulty taking off. Removing it means putting her relationship with Jisoo behind her for good. Dead or alive Kim Jisoo was still her wife. And for that reason she leaves it on.

Wiping the tear that had managed to slip out she leaves the room only to pause in the hall when she sees Wendy ripping up the stuffed Bear she had won at the carnival way back on their first date.

They've been lying since they met. It's only fair that it be included in the evidence.

It doesn't hurt her any less though.

You don't love her.

Closing her eyes she turns her head away from the sight. A shaky breath escapes her lips. She heads to the Master bedroom to see Yeri, Irene and Seulgi sitting on the bed watching tv.

"What are you guys doing?" Jennie asks.

"Watching your wedding video. Background info on the target." Irene says.

Jennie's eyes fall to the tv. The video is of their first dance, Jisoo is spinning her around with a bright smile. They both look happy.

But she remembers that everything is a lie.

You don't love her.

Jennie snatches the remote from Irene. "This room is under wraps." She says, nodding for them to leave.

The three do so without hesitation leaving Jennie in the room alone. Looking at the tv their dance is coming to an end. She's watched the video enough to know that Jisoo is about to kiss her.

She turns it off before it happens.

•••
JISOO 💍

The older girl returns to the house in the afternoon when it's seemingly empty. Taking the free opportunity she walks up to the Jung's house and knocks on the door.

"Howdy neighbour!" Chris smiles.

Jisoo does her best not to roll her eyes. Instead she fakes a smile. "Chris! How about that house tour you've been begging for?"