Chapter 40 (Percy's POV)

The necklace is the thing you seek,
That's guarded by the mortals weak,
Too keep our current king in power,
You must survive the final hour,
5 Demigods must embark on this quest,
Or the rebellion will never rest.

The demigod daughter of the god of war,
Will break one of the final laws,
And the pit is where you must go,
Or you'll be caught by the monster below.

The son of Death alone knows the way,
And you'll find enemies in the day,
In which a leader will be killed,
And a field will run red, with blood been spilled.

•Joanne Maynard, daughter of Apollo,
•Zach Soffros, as the prophecy said,
•Isabella Lewis, daughter of Nemesis,
•Jonathan Ray, son of Victoria,
•Travis Stoll, son of Hermes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I looked through the one way IM. I would tell them not to go into the fields, but you couldn't fight a prophecy. You just hope that you're not gonna die.

Pleasant.

I heard the now familiar bang of someone summoning a council meeting. I flashed into the throne room to a terrible sight.

A certain goddess of wisdom, standing behind Reyna, who had a sword at her throat.

"Athena. Let her go. Now. I command you."

"No. I'm case you hadn't noticed, when I swore loyalty, I didn't swear on the Styx. So I hold the cards here. I decide the deal. Or I make this Roman fade."

I sucked in a breath.

"What do you want?" I practically screamed at her.

She looked slightly amused at my outburst.

"The gods. I want them reinstated as the rulers, and you will give yourself up."

"Let her go. Then I will."

"How do I know your not lying?"

"You don't."

Athena shook her head.

"I will take her as a hostage until you agree. Stay where you are while I walk out, or I swear I will stab her."

Athena hit Reyna in the back of the skull, and Reyna went limp. And through this, I did nothing.

Knowing that my fatal flaw wouldn't let her get hurt.

Knowing that my fatal flaw would make me comply to Athena's demands.

I cursed under my breath.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reyna's POV

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I felt helpless. Athena came into the throne room, but instead of bowing like she usually does, she marched up to me, took out an Imperial gold blade, and held the point to my neck.

I opened my mouth, ready to charmspeak, but before I could she whispered in my ear.

"If you even try to charmspeak, I swear that I will not hesitate to make you fade to the void."

I closed my mouth.

"Good. Now summon Percy here."

I closed my eyes.

Forgive me, Percy.

I opened my palm and a pink orb flew out and made a large banging noise.

Forgive me, Percy.

Percy flashed in, his eyes widening with alarm when he saw me.

He tried. He tried to command Athena to let me go, but Athena has been smart. so he couldn't do anything.

His head was lowered in a way that it had never been held before. It looked a bit like defeat.

And I didn't like a single but of it.

Forgive me, Percy.

The last thing I felt was a sword hilt hit my head, before falling into the realm of Morpheus.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello. I finally updated.

Sorry it took a while, I've had A LOT of family problems lately, and I've been revising for tests, AND I haven't been on my phone lately because I'm not allowed it.

This was done in my IPad at night... So... Yeah.

Anyways, remember to vote and comment! I will reply to a bunch of you guys!

Criticism is appreciated as long as it's positive!!

Peace, love, goodbye!