CHASING I - Some kind of Fanfiction Shit but get to know the OC

Chapter One

As I descended from the commercial flight, I clutched the railings due to the vast gap between the airport runway and the stars. My legs would tremble if there was any distance between me and the earth. Yet I rode the plane for, God knows, excruciating hours. The cool breeze, along with the flight attendant startling me up from my customary deep sleep, does nothing to alleviate my lethargy. If I didn't wake up, my parents if they were with me, would chastise me.

I walked straight to the arrivals area, got my luggage, and my suitcase as I wandered around the airport, noting a throng of people waiting. Everyone seems to have forgotten about the virus epidemic a couple of years ago, which is wonderful because the economy has settled and is now in good shape, jobs, tourism, and everyone has returned to business, which is great because my business of coffee shops and tiny grocers is now in good shape. Although sales in the pandemic peak owing to people's hunger, the most hardest thing to deal with is item restocking. My coffee business was also relocated, and I took my mother because I am still twenty-two years old and have only recently begun delivering service.

People around me are on their way to their planes, and that some passengers have just arrived or are waiting for someone, either a particular someone or someone who is simply come to pick up some people.

God, how I wish I had that special someone.

I can't help but be envious of them; I feel like an extra in a romantic film or a background dancer in some musical rom-coms! There's also a delightful aspect to my life's plot: folks in my life's hobbies come and go like I'm a drive-through providing a specialty of loving and caring. 

My most recent buyer is either my best friend or my ex-best friend. She mistook me for her new boyfriend's love. I tried to express my point of view, but she refused to listen. It was draining. Chasing someone who doesn't want to be chased is like chasing running water in an endless lake! and I won't let the past let me down today. I beg to be fucking happier! If there's one thing I've learned, it's that optimism is a choice. I want to take it as my choice; besides, I need to savor the moment that I am here, experience something new, and get my dreams to come true. Being a writer of a book like Shakespeare, Stephanie Meter, or E.L. James sounds like a bad choice, but still they manage to pull it off, and if I have the chance to increase my readership, I could maybe start off selling my paintings and give them off to the people who need them back home. When I was a kid, I saw violence and joyous moments in the Philippines, as well as the dangerous world of politics and the war of circumstances among my fellow Filipinos and me as a child with a wider understanding of current events rather than paying attention to repetitive math. I find myself asking what I could do. I used to dream about being a president and building houses for them, but I lowered it down because, as I get older, I'm starting to see and understand that it is difficult to be a president and take care of millions of people.

But I am here, at this moment, at this time, and I should do what I need to do, savor time, and find some luck in the career that I want.

I groaned and made my way through the mob, carrying my baggage with me. In terms of the greeting I should have gotten, Brendon, my tour leader, was not present. He warned me before my trip that he could be late picking me up, but I'm actually bracing for the worse because I'm a magnet for bad luck. I check my phone and see a message from him.

From: Brendon

I'm sorry, Ms. Cabactulan. I'd probably be two to three days late for our tour. I asked Antonio Evans to accompany you to London this Thursday and Friday, as we agreed. I hope you'll enjoy London.

and that's the worst-case scenario. Then another message popped up.

I'm sorry, Ms. A.

I reply with a deep, calming breath.