1: Plans

S T A C E Y

I walk down the hallway, art books in hand. Turning the corner I see Diego talking to some of the guys on the soccer team.

He looks over my way, "Aye Stacey"

"Hey Diego" I smile and we do our hand shake. "You've seen Leslie?"

"No, I thought she would be with you" he turns back to the soccer team, I say hi to a few of them then turn around.

Shrugging, I walk the rest of the way to the art room.

I was early and the only one in the class. So I just go to sit down in my normal desk, in the back, and kick my feet up. Starting to finish the rest of my sketch.

Suddenly the door opens and in comes Alex.

"Hey Stace" he walks over to the desk I'm sitting in.

Alex is the only person I let call me Stace, ever since we were six he's been calling me that.

"Hey" I say back, quickly turning my attention back to my sketches. Alex snatches my book up from me and laughs when he sees the expression on my face.

"You fucker give me my sketches back"

"Ouch, kinda harsh don't you think" he smiles, dimples popping out.

I could see why he's the schools heartthrob.

Package deal I guess, but he still was my childhood friend to me.

I've always loved Alex, I guess I've never been true to my feelings towards him and honestly I don't know how to express them. All I know is that I'm afraid to.

"Where did you go?" He laughs lightly, waving a hand in my front of my face.

I shake my head, "Give them back"

"Nah" he shakes his head, "beg"

I raise my eyebrows, "Excuse me?"

"Beg"

"You son of a b.." I sigh, "I'm not begging"

"Well I guess this is staying with me" he waves my sketch book in the air.

I grind my teeth then an idea pops into my head. I get up from my seat and walk over to him wrapping my hands around his waist.

"Are you sure your not going to give it to me?" I pout, pulling my head back to look at his face.

He looks down at me, gulping. I do this trick all the time to get back something I want from him.

"One last chance Alex" I look at him.

He just looks at me, hands coming around my waist, "It takes two to tango" he grins.

"You don't know what your getting into" a small smile lifts my lips.

Two to tango is a game Alex and I played when we were little.

We would basically dance/waltz with each other and figure out who was the best. I always won, my mom being a dancer and all, I guess it's just in my blood.

There was one time when Alex had won but then tripped making us fall to the floor.

"Oh yes I do" he takes my hand in the palm of his and wraps the other one firmly around my waist.

"You're gonna lose, I'm warning you"

*

"I knew you were gonna lose" I laugh, picking up my belongings.