5:Walk with me

A L E X

I watch Stacey walk away to her house and see her father too. Mr. Alvarez was always fun to be around, but you didn't want to get on his bad side.

Before going home I decide to grab the keys to my bike and go for a ride, meeting Diego along the way.

A few hours later I get back to the house and hop off my bike.

Turning around I start walking to the house. Opening the door I see my little sister in the kitchen.

"Hey Daniela" I greet her.

She turns her head my way, "Alex"

"Have you seen mom?" I ask, setting my phone down on the counter and start searching the fridge.

When she doesn't respond I turn my head to look at her, tears start coming down her face.

"Daniela? ¿Qué pasa?"
(What's wrong?)

She bursts out crying, "Its mom" she sobs.

I stiffen, I already lost my dad I didn't need to lose another person I love in my life. I know if I lost Stacey I'd be... well let's just say I wouldn't be my normal self.

"What about mom?" I come to walk over to her.

She collapsed in my arms, "Alex, she- she's in a coma"

The only thing I could do was remain still, I didn't blink, just stood there with Daniela crying in my arms. I wanted to hit something, someone, anything.

Hard.

I needed to see Stacey.

"Daniela are you going to be okay here?" I ask her, holding her tight in my arms.

She sniffs, "¿Porqué? ¿A dónde vas?"
(Why? Where are you going?)

"Over to Stacey's"

"I'll be fine don't worry about me" she tries to reassure me.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'll be fine Alex"

"Okay" I kiss her forehead and head out of the house.

I needed to see Stacey.  She always calms me down. I loved that she was so independent, so free, so energetic.

I frown, I've liked Stacey since we were in 7th grade. I've dated other girls to try to get her out of my mind. I thought it was just her body I was attracted to, but little did I know. Every date I went on with a girl I compared them with Stacey.

That's when they started calling me a player, but that wasn't true at all, my heart remained to one person and one person only.

Once I reach her house I grab onto a tree by her balcony. I hop up and as soon as I turn the doorknob I see Stacey in her underwear, dancing around with her headphones in.

I clear my throat loud enough so she could hear, when she spots me she jumps and tries to cover up her body with her hands.

"What the fuck, Alex?!" She yells, picking up a towel and throwing it at me.

"Stacey?" I hear her dad ask from downstairs, "Are you okay?"

"Sí papa, Estoy bien" she yells back.
(Yes, I'm fine)

"You don't look like your fine" I chuckle.

"Alex if you don't shut the fuck up you'll regret it"

I roll my eyes, "Sorry drama queen"

Her eyes narrow at me, she starts walking my way. She pushes me onto her bed and gets on top of me. I try my best to not pin her down and start kissing her senseless.

When she starts choking me I snap out of it, "Take it back!"

"Nope" I smile, she chokes me harder.

"Okay, okay I take it back!"

She smiles and let's go of my neck, when she tries to get off of me she trips and falls, her face a few inches away from mine.

"Sorry" her scent wraps around me.

She slowly gets from on top of me, careful not to trip. I turn around so she could get dressed.

"So what are you doing here anyway?"

"Its my mom. She. . .She's in a coma" I clench my teeth.

"Oh Alex" she turns me around and hugs me tight against her, "I'm sorry" she mumbles into my chest.

"It wasn't your fault"

"And it wasn't yours either" she looks up me, "So stop being so hard on yourself and don't tell me you aren't because I know you are"

I smile, "Thank you Stace"

"Anytime you idiot" she hugs me one more time before I climb back down the tree.

When I get back home I get Daniela and we drive to the hospital. We go to the front desk, "Hi we're here to see Amy Cortez"

"Are you relatives?" She asks.

"Yes, I'm her son and this is my sister"

"Okay, she's in room 234"

"Gracias" I thank her.

"Huh?" She asks, Daniela snickers. I put up a small smile, "Thank you"

"Oh" she laughs, "You're welcome"

We head to room 234 and see mom, Daniela rushes to her side, grabbing her hand.

I slowly walk over to her body, it's so weird to not see her moving. To see her smile, to see her laugh, to see her cry. I miss her already.

I hold her hand in mine, a tear slides down my cheek, "Mom" I whisper.

Daniela leans onto me and I wrap my arm around her shoulder, "She'll be okay" I try reassure Daniela.

But if feels like it's mostly for my benefit too.

***

Im lowkey so stressed rn🙃

This chapter was eh but I hope you still liked it

Love Cici:)