25: Big decisions

ALEX

"Kiss me"

There really was nothing I'd rather do than kiss her till her lips were swollen right now.

As I slowly leaned in, I abruptly stopped, thinking of all the pain I already caused. The last thing I wanted to do was cause more.

"No"

Her eyes fluttered open and she looked at me with slight confusion on her face.

"I won't ruin this for you Stace" I run a hand through her hair.

"Ruin wha-what?" She stammers.

"The happiness you already have"

She shakes her head, "Alex don't do this"

I hold her head in my hand, stroking her cheek, "I'm not leaving the country, I promised. But I'm not staying either"

"That doesn't even make any sense, where are you gonna go?"

I step back and look away from her, "I'm not going to ruin this for you"

She stares at me for a minute before heading back into the car.

The drive back to the cafe was silent.

Stacey looked out the window the entire ride, holding herself.

In my head everything was hell.

I honestly don't understand why I'm so damn confusing.

I come back for Stacey. I back away from Stacey. I try to get her back. I back away again.

Mentally face palming I let out a sigh. Fuck me, fuck this, just overall fuck life.

We reach the cafe in a few minutes, Stacey opens the car door and stops midway from getting out.

"Goodbye Alex"

Slamming the door shut, she walks up to the cafe and opens the door. Disappearing from my sight.

Well done Alex. Ya fucked up.

Again.

STACEY

"I don't get him" I groan, "I really don't"

Leslie nods along with me, "And they say we're the difficult ones"

"What do I do Les?" I pout, lying back on the couch.

"You really want my honest opinion?" She questions, setting the nail polish down.

"Yes"

She chews on her lip before answering, "I think you're both in denial to be honest."

I look at her confused.

"You both obviously love each other, but forgot how to show it. And you" she points at me, "You have a serious decision to make"