19: New Perspective

ALEX

I let out a sigh as I unboard my flight. Today was Stacey's birthday.

My phone dings and I know it's Diego.

Diego: Did you make it?

Alex: Yeah, just got off

Diego: Do you want me to pick you up before I go over to Stacey's?

Alex: No, I got it covered

I didn't have it covered.

I decide to just call a taxi, once it's here I quickly get in and tell the guy where I'm going.

A few minutes later we stop in front of a hotel. I get out and step into the building, a cool breeze hitting my face. I check in and grab the key to my room, once I'm upstairs I flop down on the bed and run a hand through my hair.

If only she knew.

*

After a few boring hours in my room, I decide to head to bar.

"What can I get ya?" A waitress comes over to me, throwing a rag over her shoulder.

"A beer" I respond, my mind going somewhere else

I turn on the stool and brown hair catches my eyes. I lose my breath when I see Daniela, her hand in Grey's. She laughs and Grey looks at her with so much admiration and love in his eyes. I'm glad she's happy and I know for a fact that Grey feels happy with her.

A wave of guilt washes over me and I bite my lip. In the corner of my eye I see someone walking toward me, I pick up my drink and take a big gulp.

A pair of arms wrap around my shoulder.

I internally groan, remembering the same thing happening a few years ago. But when I turn around, I see Stacey.

Shit.

"Hello stranger!" She laughs.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. She's drunk.

"I'm looking for my boyfriend, can you help me find him?" she gives me puppy dog eyes.

Is she talking about me?

A glimpse of hope in me lights up until a voice interrupts my thoughts.

"Stacey, jesus. I was looking everywhere for you" a brown haired guy comes and grabs Stacey's arm.

"Aeron!" She slurs, wrapping her arms around his neck.

My blood goes cold and all I see is red when she presses her lips to his.

"Let's dance" she giggles, pulling the guy along with her.

I grit my teeth as I watch them dance. My fingers tighten around the beer bottle and I soon hear glass shattering. I don't even look at my hand because I already know blood is running down it.

I let out a breath, getting out of my seat and heading to the exit.

"Alex?"