18: Time flies

STACEY

3 years.

3 years have passed since I saw him. I kept going like I promised but it took some time to get use to him not being here.

I pursued my dream in art although it took some bumps. Leslie and I were closer than ever and I apologized for when I reacted harshly to her trying to help me.

A sigh escapes my lips as I get onto the city bus, heading to the cafe. Once I get there I go to the back and change into my uniform.

"Stacey"

I squeeze my eyes shut tightly from hearing Jacob's voice. I bite my tongue to stop myself from telling him to fuck off.

Turning around slowly, I face him, "Hey" I fake a smile.

"Are you free tomorrow?"

I give him a look and cross my arms, "No, I have school"

"Right college" he rubs his neck, "How about this Friday?"

"No Jacob" I respond, my mind going to my birthday on Friday.

I head to the register as Diego steps through the door. The bells on the doors sound as he walks in and I throw him a smile.

"Hello my favorite shithead" he smirks.

"Hey my favorite dickwad"

"Are you excited for your birthday?" He asks, taking out his wallet to pay for the black coffee he always gets.

I give him a small smile, "Not really"

He sighs, "You know you changed alot, you're softer now. I like it"

"You should still watch out for my punches though" I smile.

"Yeah.." He rubs his arm, "Almost landed me in the hospital for that one"

I shrug, taking the money from him and putting in it the register, "You deserved it"

He nods, "Fair game" he grabs the coffee and takes a sip, "We still doing movie night?"

I move him aside so I can take care of other customers, "Yeah, but I have to check in on Dan"

He gives me a look, "Stacey, you know she's always okay because she's always with Grey"

I shake my head as I take someone's order, "That's not what I meant"

He looks at me for a few moments before his eyes widen, "Ohh, oh"

I didn't just want to check on Daniela to see if she was okay but to see if she was emotionally stable. Alex leaving didn't just take a toll on me, it obviously took a toll on her too.

After talking and discussing with Diego about the plans for tonight, I spend the rest of the two hours of my shift taking orders and delivering food to tables.

"Here you go" I smile at a brown haired little girl with her mom as I set the hot chocolate in front of her.

"Thank you!" She giggles, giving me a toothy smile.

After my last table I quickly change back into my clothes and as I walk out of the cafe Aeron greets me.

"Hey beautiful" he gives me a smile as he grabs my waist.

A cold breeze hits me and I tug my jacket tighter around me, leaning into his touch. He grabs my chin and connects our lips.

"You taste like chocolate" he laughs, licking his lips.