11: Hold me, Leave me

A L E X

I pulled Stacey tighter around me as I looked at the dance floor. From her steady breathing, it sounded like she was sleeping but I knew she wasn't.

After the stunt Patricia pulled I wanted to keep her beside me at all times.

She shifts in my arms the dress she's wearing sliding off her leg. That dress. I swear it will be the end of me.

Stace looks up at me, "I'll be right back, I need to go"

"Go where?"

"Like go Alex"

My eyes widen as realization dawns upon me, "Oh.."

She lets out a quiet laugh and softly kisses my nose, "You're cute when you blush" I unravel my hands from her and she walks off.

I watch her as she goes, smiling, tonight is my chance to ask her to be my girlfriend.

*

About 30 minutes later I begin to get irritated. My fingers tap against the glass I'm drinking as I look at the restroom for the 100th time.

Leslie passes me and I call her name, she walks over to me, "Have you seen Stacey?" We both ask at the same time.

We laugh, "I haven't, she went to the restroom and hasn't come back."

"I'll go check" she quickly hurries to the restroom and in a matter of minutes she comes back with tears in her eyes.

I get up from my chair, "What happened? What's wrong?"

"She's gone Alex, he took her"

I gently grab her hand, "Who?"

She puts a piece of paper in my hand, "It has to be Charles"

To whom it may concern I have Stacey, for reasons you wouldn't understand. I hope you remembered her favorite spot.

My fists clench, "That bastard" I growl.

I turn to the exit but Leslie grabs my arm before I can leave, "I don't know what type of dumbass would write where they kidnapped someone but please bring her back"

I hug her, "I will. I promise"

Stacey's favorite place? On top of her roof? The place we first met?

The waterfall.

I quickly get into the limo and tell the driver to escort me to my house. A few minutes later I'm heading to the waterfall Stacey and I found when we were kids.

It was our spot, Stacey's favorite spot.

It was dark so I couldn't see much while I walk behind through the trees, on-top of the waterfall.

"Stop!" I hear someone cry, "Why the hell are you doing this?" the cries get louder and I know it's Stacey, my eyes turn cold.

I'm going to kill him.

I poke my head around to see what's happening. Stacey's dress was ripped, exposing her bra and underwear. She was backed up in a corner, holding herself up.