15:Distance

STACEY

Alex has been distant for the past week and I don't know why. Well I did know why but I just don't want to accept it.

A sigh escapes my lips, he thinks it'll be safer if he stays farther away from me. What he doesn't know is that I feel scared every time he's not around me.

"Are you okay?" Diego, who's walking to class with me, asks.

I snap my head up, "Uh yeah, I'm fine"

He gives me a look, "Stacey, I know when you're lying to me"

"Of course you do" I mutter.

He nudges my shoulder, "What's wrong?"

"Alex" I breathe out.

"Oh, that explains it. Maybe you should check your locker"

I look up at him with a confusion and walk to my locker. Once I put the code in I open it to see my favorite flowers and a note.

A smile takes over my face as I roll my eyes.

I take the white rose and the note out of the locker. This is amazingly sweet but I would never admit it aloud.

Opening the card, a huge smile spreads upon my face.

Hey beautiful.

I know I haven't been myself lately and
I want to
make it up to you.

I have surprises for you everywhere and I hope you like them. By the way I know this is cheesy but I don't give a flying fuck.

I love you.

-Alex

A laugh escapes me, this idiot.

I turn to Diego who has a huge smirk on his face, "Happy now?"

I shake my head and hug him, "Thank you Diego" I quickly pull back and grab his arm, "Tell anyone I hugged you and you're dead"

"There's the real Stacey" he laughs painfully.

*

Once school is done I see Alex on his bike waiting for me.

"Hey" he smiles.

I grab his face and kiss him hard, "I love you"

He blinks and a full smirk takes over his face, "I liked that" he leans in again.

I block his lips with my hands, "Not so fast lover boy"

"Come on" He groans, leaning in once again.

"No" I laugh.

"Whatever" he grumbles and hands me his helmet before slinging his leg over the bike.

I quickly sling my leg over it too after putting on the helmet. Soon enough we're at my house.

"Do you want–"

I'm cut off by Alex taking off my helmet, "I'll see you tonight" My whole mood lightens up and I wave him goodbye.

Once I'm in my room I see a box on my bed.

Alex.

I open it to see a strapless black dress and a note. Is this a hint of something?

You seem like the type
who likes black, no?

-Alex

I laugh, I don't know why I imagined that with an accent. I pick up the dress and glare at it.