3: Playing Catch

"Pass it to me Stace!" Alex yells at me.

I take a step back and then throw the football into the air, Alex easily catches it and smiles at me.

"Now me!" Jake yells.

I turn towards the bleachers, "Fuck off Jake!"

"Well that's mean" he gives me a fake pout and jumps off the bleachers, heading over to me and Alex.

"Oh I'm sorry did I hurt your wittle fweelings?" I ask with a frown and take out my phone texting Diego a quick message.

Stacey
Come to the field for lunch?

"Stace"

I look up to see Jake and Alex looking at me, "Lets go get lunch"

"You read my mind" I walk over and link arms with them, walking off the field.

*

After we finish eating lunch on the bleachers we play one more game of football and head to our next classes.

Since me and Alex have the same classes together we walk side by side.

"You going to the dance?" Alex asks me.

"I'm thinking I guess, what about you?" I ask, looking down at my phone.

When he doesn't respond I catch him looking at me.

"Alex?" I question.

He seems to snap out of it and shakes his head, he shrugs, "I'll find someone" he chews on his bottom lip, as if anxious to do something.

I stop and rest my hand on his upper arm. His eyes shoot directly at it, "You okay?"

He reaches for my hand and holds it, "I'm fine don't worry about me"

I manage a small smile and punch him in the arm.

"Good I don't want you dying on me"

"Trust me I won't" he laughs.

We turn the corner and head into class. We sit in our usual seat, which is side by side in the last row.

It's our spot and no one ever sits there but us.

"Alright class take out your textbooks and then to page 359, so questions 1-20" Mr. Robert says, his back turned towards the whiteboard.

I groan inwardly, looking at the door.

I want to skip class so bad but dad will kill me if my grades are below an 80. So I take out my textbook and start working.

***

Hoped you liked this chapter and sorry it was short.😭

Love Cici:)