17: Gone

STACEY

The sun flashes against my eyes and I rub them, a yawn escaping my lips.

I look to my side expecting to see Alex but it's empty. I sit up straighter, "Alex?"

Taking a quick shower I put on some clothes and pick up my phone on the dresser.

No messages.

I chew on my lip, "Where did he go?" I mumble. Why would he just disappear?

Check downstairs.

I tell myself, quickly dashing down the stairs. I turn the corner only to see papa and not Alex.

"Hey Mija"

"Morning papa, have you seen Alex?" I kiss his cheek.

"No..did he stay the night?"

I scratch my neck, "Yeah.."

His eyes widen, "Oh my god! Did you two do the nasty?' He wiggled his eyebrows.

"Papa!"

He let's out a laugh, "I'm just playing"

I sigh and sit down beside him, "Why would he just leave?"

He stokes my hair, "I'm sure he's gone home to check on Daniela, hermosa"

I nod my head, "I'll go text him, I love you"

"I love you too!" He yells as I rush back up the stairs.

Just when I'm about to grab my phone I see a note with my name on it in bold letters. A smile takes over my face, again with the notes.

I open it and my smile soon drops.

Stace I've always wanted to protect you. You know that.
I want to see you happy and I want you to be happy
because of me.

Life isn't always as its planned
and I'm sorry. I'm sorry I couldn't stay.

You promised me.
Promised me you'll keep going even if I'm not there. so I want you to keep going baby, be that strong girl that I love.

I'll come back, when it's safer for all of us.

I love you.

-Alexandrian

I blink, my eyes stinging.

This wasn't a note. It was goodbye letter.

I swallow the big lump in my throat as my eyes read over how he put his full name.

Without even knowing I start sobbing, my eyes burning and my lungs stinging. I pull on hair, letting everything out.

No, no, no, no, no.

Why did he leave? Why did he go? I told him to stay..

"Stacey?" My door bursts open and papa rushes to me.

"What's wrong?"

Another sob escapes me, "He's gone" I shake my head, "I asked him–told him to stay"

How could I be so stupid?

All the signs were in last nights events. How he was being so emotional and soft, like he would almost break.

"Who? Alex?" He pulls me to him.

I nod my head giving him the letter. He reads over it, "This is beautiful Stacey..."

He rubs my shoulder, "I think it's important for you to keep going, prove and show him that you can be yourself"

I nod, why wouldn't he just tell me?

Tears still run down my face as I look the note, "I want to be alone"

He kisses my forehead, "Of course mija" he gets up reluctantly closed the door.

I blink back my tears even though I could literally feel my heart rip into two.

*

"I'm sure there's an important reason why he did it Stacey, that's why he left" Leslie comforts me.

I was currently at her house, checking on Daniela. I don't know why but I felt drained, detached.

I couldn't feel anything.

I nod my head absently, staring off. Hands wave in front of my face and I snap out of my daze.

Leslie frowns and crouched down in front of me, "Stacey" she whispered, "He did this to protect his family, to protect you"

I blink, I don't know what came over me but I just snapped.

Pushing her away from me I get up, "How are you suppose to know?! You were barely there!" I clench my jaw.

She looks at me with her mouth gaping, "Stac–" she reaches out for me. A cry escapes me and I step back, "No! Just don't" Tears cloud my vision and I cover my mouth, realizing what I just said.

"I'm so sorry"

I open the door and slam it shut, running down the street, tears staining my cheeks.

I'm a mess.

*sighs*

Jeez, this is breaking my heart guys.

I feel like this chapter is a
little messy but I tried my best 😔

I know this is a little short but I hope you liked it

- Cici ♡︎