12: Why?

A L E X

I haven't had an inch of sleep, not an ounce. The sun shines through Stacey's blinds and she curls up in my side.

"Stacey, baby"

"Mmm" she responds, burying her face in my neck.

"Stacey" I turn myself towards her. A deep sigh escapes me, "Do you want to do something today?"

She moves her head out of the pillow and the sun shines on her, showing the brown in her eyes. I bring my hand up to stroke her cheek, "You're beautiful"

"You are too" she grins but then her eyes widen, "I mean very handsome. Yeah, very handsome"

I chuckle, "What do you want to do today?"

"Be with you"

I bite my lip, I needed to go check on Daniela.

"I know that look" Stacey sighs.

I snap back, "What look?"

"The 'I can't do this with you but I want to' look"

I scratch my neck, "I have to go check on Daniela, I don't want her to feel alone"

She gives me a soft smile, "I'm not going anywhere"

"I'll be back in a hour, I love you" I kiss her lips and grab my clothes.

*

"Daniela!" I call out, entering the house.

I go up two steps at a time to her room. I open the door and my eyes widen.

Daniela lays on her bed with a guy on top of her. I couldn't visually see what they were doing and thank god for that.

I clear my throat, "I didn't know you would be doing this while I was gone"

Her eyes widen and she pushes the guy off of her. He lands on the floor and I hear something drop ontop of him.

"Fuck Dan" he groans.

"Shut up Grey" Daniela sends a glare at him.

She turns to me with an innocent smile, "Hey
Alex"

"Hey Daniela" I look at the side of the bed, "Can you give us a minute Grey"

He nods before getting up and lightly kissing Daniela leaving after.

My eyes look over Dan but it looked as if she was in a dream.

I walk over to her bed and sit beside her, "You didn't miss me much"

She slaps my arm playfully, "Shut up"

"Hey, I'm happy for you. I'm glad you have someone when I'm not here"

"This is the first time he came over"

"Sure it was" I roll my eyes before sighing, "Are you okay?"

"Okay?" She repeated the word, fiddling with the bottom of her shirt.

My hand sets on top of hers, "It'll get better, I promise"

I hear her sniff before looking up at me, "Why make a promise you can't keep?"

"Dan.."

She wipes her tears, "No it's fine. I'll call you later"

She gets up and walks out the room. I hear footsteps pad down the stairs along with other ones.

I sigh and rub my temples, "I'm sorry Daniela"